4th of July and other things

ped egg!The Ped Egg. The TV ads make me want to puke, and yet I can’t change the channel! People on infomercials look so happy. More Stepford than happy, but still, it’s hilarious. Does anyone have one of these? If so, I want to hear about it. Warning: Do NOT watch the Ped Egg infomercial while eating. Seriously.

blood
Also, Andy and I were flipping through the Village Voice, trying to find something fun to do for 4th of July, and we came across an ad for TruBlood. HUH? What? Have you heard about this stuff? I don’t think it’s real though. Apparently there’s a new HBO show called True Blood, and I guess this is their promo/gimmick thing. The website’s kind of funny. They describe blood types like wine, and you can take a quick quiz to find out what blood type would be to your liking. Good times for Vampire lovers.

And speaking of 4th of July, how was yours?

Here’s what happened to us, because we had the most ridiculous day ever. EVER!

*We decided to go to Staten Island to see the Staten Island Yankees (possibly the worst farm team ever). It’s very out of the way, and it was a bit rainy, so we hemmed-and-hawed about whether or not to go, but finally decided we really wanted to see a baseball game.

*We took the subway down to the ferry.

*Then we took the ferry across the Harbor to Staten Island.

*Then we walked up to the stadium… and the game was sold out! Nooooo!!!

*So we walked back to the ferry… and there were no more ferries back to Manhattan for 3 hours! Nooooo!!!

*We roamed the streets of Staten Island looking for a place to have dinner for an hour! Finally we got a table at a decent looking dive bar, which was fine until a couple of guys came in and started a brawl with the wait staff of the restaurant! It was crazy. They had to take it outside and were throwing punches for like 5 minutes. Finally the cops came to break it up.

Never a dull moment!

We made it back to Manhattan around 11 and went to a friends party to play Master Ball—don’t ask.

10 Responses to 4th of July and other things

independence day in NYC sounds perfect!

2. kiki says:

oh my god the pet egg comercials are disgusting

3. StilettoSecrets says:

check, check, check, a check it out…

what’ll they think of next????

4. Dad says:

You shoulda gone to the Brooklyn Cyclones!

5. Jayne says:

man that was one crazy 4th, I bet Andy (he’s originally English right?) probably wasn’t so sure celebrating the American independence day was so worth it after that haha? 😉

as for my day, I was actually in Paris haha. I had the most French day possible- shopping at French boutiques, having a classic french dinner, and obviously seeing no fireworks 🙁 its the 2nd year i’ve been an expat on the day haha

btw i read your older posts- your b-day earrings are so gorgeous, what an awesome husband you do have! and the new book sounds awesome, yay!

6. I have a ped egg, oh yes I do. and you want to know something….
    it works!!!! My feet have never been softer.

I’ve never used a ped egg.
    Once a friend gave me a foot treatment. “Look at all the dead skin you have,” she exclaimed as she rubbed my feet rigorously.
    “No, it’s the cream” I pointed out. The foot cream she used rubbed into little balls and made a mess on the floor.
    I’ve seen ads on tv about these pads you put on the bottom of your feet. They are supposed to “soak up the toxins” from your body. Those are disgusting too.
    I don’t find feet disgusting. I find the so-called treatments to be worse than walking on coals.
    Walking on coals is the *only* reason to use a ped egg, by the way. And I agree, never at dinner.
    I’m getting a professional pedicure and foot massage this afternoon. It’s the only civilized way to go.

8. Tiff says:

no fireworks, then?
    me either.
    cause my hubby is a party pooper.
    oh well we still had fun.
    🙂
    when’s the big move?????

9. OMG, how did I forget Chelsea, it? was by far the BEST?? I also forgot a lot of other stuff, I wanted to do top 5 movies too. I am going to have to do another list this week – Top 5 summer items that I forgot because I have been drunk most of summer.

10. Cheri Lee says:

Hey! How have you been? I haven’t updated my blog in forever. I think I’m just going to make it a personal thing for me, and if other people want to read it and whatever, they can :]
    I’ve been wanting to try the Ped Egg. Also Kinocki foot pads. Looks interesting, eh?