Recent celebrity sightings… some more exciting than others

It’s finally spring, and everyone’s oot and aboot (my Canadian accent)!
I’ve been enjoying the lovely weather and taking long walks all over the city, eating delicious meals, and going to the theater for a little culture.

Okay, I’ll start with my biggest celebrity sighting:
hawkeEthan Hawke standing outside the theater as we headed in to see a play called The Country Girl—so, technically I guess you could say I also saw Morgan Freeman, Frances McDormand, and Peter Gallagher. Ethan looked great. Still cute, sexy, and not as greasy as he’s been known to look in the past.

mollyhThen the next night when we were at the new Broadway musical of Cry Baby (we saw a lot of theater because my dad was in town) I spotted Molly Ringwald at intermission! She looked lovely in a white breezy boho top and skirt. It was the first time I’d seen her (in person, not counting Cabaret) since I was 8-years-old & trying on clothes at the Laura Ashley store in LA… ah, memories!
She is in some of my favorite movies of all time. I wanted to go up and give her a hug! Don’t worry, I didn’t do it.

ps-Cry Baby was surprisingly good.

DanNow, this next one will only be exciting to New Yorkers, and more specifically, New Yorkers who read messages and ads on bulletin/cork boards, or signs posted on bodega windows, because I saw Dan Smith, of Dan Smith Will Teach You Guitar!!! I s’pose it could’ve been somebody else since I’ve only ever seen the 1 picture of him, but I’m pretty sure it was him, and it was awesome! I’ve always wanted to learn guitar (and drums). Especially because the heroine of my next book is a guitar player, and I wish I’d had a more intimate knowledge of le craft.

BBOh! Another good one (at least my BFF and I thought so) was world famous Olympic gold medalist Brian Boitano! He looked pretty adorable, but I couldn’t get that South Park song out of my head all night!
We saw him having dinner with friends. And ps, Brian picked up the check!

The lamest celebrity sighting was Elizabeth Hasselbeck from The View. I’m not even going to bother googling a picture of her because she’s annoying, I hardly consider her a celebrity, and she’s a republican.

I know this was a silly post, but it was a fun week of celebrity sightings, and I had to tell somebody!

21 Responses to Recent celebrity sightings… some more exciting than others

oo ethan hawke, yum haha 😉

Ethan Hawke! How cool is that! I heard they’re making a movie out of his first book. I don’t remember the name of it, but I have it on my bookshelf somewhere. And since I’m an ice skating FIEND, I really would’ve enjoyed seeing Brian Boitano. Amanda Borden (one of seven gymnasts who rocked it during the Atlanta Games) goes to school at ASU and I saw her one day at the Ren Fair. I so wanted to get her autograph, but I didn’t. Celeb citings are so fun.

3. Tiff says:

wow.
    that is so cool.
    do you turn into a total geek like me when you see big celebs?
    i’ve been known to [literally] stumble around a few.
    hehe.

ethan hawle is soo cute!!!

thats soo cool u saw molly ringwald, she’s the heroine on some of my fave movies too! u really should have given her a hug lol!

awesome sightings! ive seen ciara twice and lindsay

5. kiki says:

you’ve been tagged please visit my blog for details

ps no OTH havent seen it yet :(((( not till monday sadly

6. Maya says:

I read Back Talk!
    I loved it so much and now I’m recomending it to everyone.
    I seriously, seriously loved it.
    Well done!

7. Kate says:

My friend and I saw Mike Meyers when were in SoHo. He was looking a bit confused, standing outside of the Gourmet Garage.

I’m jealous of your Molly Ringwald sighting!

8. Olivia says:

OHMYGOD! ETHAN HAWKE?!?!?!?!

ARE YOU FRICKEN KIDDING ME?

how cool. i wish i had seen him. (:

9. ambika says:

Ha, Brian Boitano. That’s actually pretty cool. I think I’d start loudly talking about triple salchow’s to see if he’d notice.

10. harith// says:

I barely even consider Elizabeth Hasselbeck a person. Also, I’m relatively sure that I could not pick Brian Boitano out of a group of Alaskan schoolchildren.

But brian didn’t pick up *your* check. did he?
    doesn’t matter, i’m being funny…
    molly ringwald would have though. just kidding.
    you should carry your camera with you.
    i bet molly would have posed with you.
    you could also do a photo expose on republicans.

Ehtan Hawke looks great on camera but you’re right, but he does look all greasy and stuff when casual! WHAT GIVES!

U SAW BRIAN BOITANO?! HE IS SUCH A HOTTIE! WOOF! WOOF! Perhaps the greatest ice skater of all time!

13. Lisa Asanuma says:

Oooh Ethan Hawke! And Brian Boitano, wow. I also have a weird crush on Peter Gallagher (it’s the eyebrows + he sings) so I’m jealous of that as well. Hee.

I saw Al Pacino at Legoland a few weeks back. Pretty much the only celeb-spotting I can lay claim to, other than listening to a talk by Gordon Jump (the Maytag man) before he passed away.

ohmygash!
    molly ringwald?!

wow.
    im not gonna lie, she’s pretty much the shizz in my book.

Woah, all those sightings would be a bit much. I would’ve freaked out more if I saw Molly Ringwald.

16. I still have a major thing for Ethan Hawke….

I am tres jealous.

the first time I was ever in NYC when I was young I saw “Downtown Julie Brown” the mtv v-jay shopping at the Banana Republic at South Street Sea Port

she was teeny tiny, with horrible skin

17. I wonder if Dan Smith is single…..

18. kiki says:

I wished I lived in New York I’ve never seen a celebrity up close

19. I’m impressed! The last celebrity I saw randomly was Steve Buscemi at my coffee shop. He held open the door for me!

20. Kate says:

I’m lovin’ the recipe and the cool photo!
    I’m going give it a go. Thanks

21. ellie says:

That’s great about your new book. Does it have anything to do with “back talk” and those characters?

Thanks for the comment. Well, I dabble here and there. I just try to keep writing.