Latest top 5

1.fingerIt’s not even that I want these bizarre finger-toppers, but they just look so damn cool. I think you have to be a dominatrix or a princess to wear them—or both! They’re just so Egypt-fabulous. And from the 80’s Purple website I can’t tell if they’re $160 for the whole hand, or per finger. Either way, they’re wack-a-doo.

2. My computer. I’m trying to show my MAC a little love, because the other day it started to sneeze. I’m not even kidding. Has that ever happened to you? First it wheezed, and I thought I was losing my mind, but then it SNEEZED. “Achoo!” it said. I think my computer needs a hug.

3. Sybil. Whoa, that is one intense movie. I am fascinated by Multiple Personality Disorder. The movie is a little long—I think it was originally made for TV as a mini-series or something. But I’m telling you, it is a gripping film. Is it wrong to say that sometimes I wish I had MPD? I mean, I am a very shy person and I blush a lot—what if I could just POOF into a different personality and suddenly have self confidence and class! Ah, a girl can dream! But seriously, Sally Field gives a chilling performance as a screwed up girl with over a dozen distinct personalities.

4. I love Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars, Heroes), Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother, Freaks & Geeks) & Jonah Hill (Superbad), and therefore I TOTALLY want to see Forgetting Sarah Marshall!

5. Congratulations to Stiletto Heights on her recent nuptials! I absolutely love being married. It’s awesome. I wish you all the happiness in the world, Jenn!

13 Responses to Latest top 5

Those nail toppers are crazy looking. I guess they’re to protect your nails? Or just hide your ugly ones. For a second there, I thought they were just acrylic nails you can get put on that has the golden snake wrapped around your nail. Though the idea is pretty cool if you have a huge amount of money to throw around.

I’m always afraid that my computer will get a virus or shut down on me. I do regular scans and make sure all my data is clean, but I guess I’m just a nerd like that. I would freak if my computer sneezed. Maybe that hug will make it feel much better.

2. Tiff says:

1. I totally blush all the time, too. It’s ridiculous. I have nothing to hide, just look at my lobster cheeks.

2. Are you a ‘how i met your mother’ fan??? I TOTALLY love that show! I want to see that movie, too. You have to let me know if you actually do go see it!

3. Speaking of movies, did you see ‘Penelope?’ I think you would like it.

4. Just got my tix for Death Cab in the mail yesterday…do you like them too?

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!

3. Alexa Young says:

Alex! How cool to meet you out here in the blogosphere…and what a bizarre amount we have in common. Like, I actually HAVE mpd, and you want it. I might be able to sell it to you (although I have to warn you it’s totally annoying and not nearly as predictable and user-friendly as you might think!). I also can’t wait to see Forgetting Sarah Marshall. How genius is that ad campaign? And we love so many of the same bands and books…and and and…k.i.t.! XO

4. Alexa Young says:

PS Your book sounds awesome, too…I must go get it. XO

DUUUUDDEEEE!!!!

those nail-topper-mabobbers are super fly!!!

definitely dominatrix-esque.

😀

they sneeze!? really!? WOAH! why can’t my mac do anything fun like that instead of just sending me stupid error messages about lack of damn disc space- ugg, then again it is a G4 aka crapola.

there is something appealing about those rings, mostly that you described them as wack-a-doo haha!

7. ambika says:

Sybil is fantastic. I saw it years ago but certain scenes still creep me out if I think about them–so memorable!

i cant think of a greater honour than you calling me from the cash cab (and yes we have that here!)
    wow thats so crazy, im obsessed with “sybil” and multiple personality disorder too! ive never seen the movie but i absolutely adore the book.

9. heidi says:

Hey Alex!
    How are ya? SYBIL looks so freaky–it’s also a book, didja know?
    MPD (they think) isn’t real anymore, but it is fascinating for sure.

How’s your WIP? How’s married life?

xo,
    Heidi

10. Tiff says:

so, i am totally riduculously stupidly obsessed with facebook…just asked YA author Polly Shulman to be my friend…and i wondered…does Alex have a facebook page? hmm. 🙂

I love your Top 5 list.
    Let’s see… mine is…
    orange juice, new amsterdam,
    spring weather, bluejays
    and the fact you can go to
    the makeup counters at
    Macy’s and not wait in line
    because “things are slow”.
    Perverse, I know.

12. I am obsessed with Multiple Personalities as well….LOVE Sybil, you should read the book, it is gripping in every way, way more than the movie, also the book “When Rabbit Howls”…fabulously disturbing, it makes me feel sane just thinking about it

AND………………………………….I can’t believe I made your top 5, I feel like a damn rock star

13. I want those ring nails, freaking awesome. I like the other rings on that site as well. hide my CC!