My Oscars post

My Best Dressed vote goes to Keri Russell. She is completely gorgeous so I think she’d probably look good no matter what, but that dress was stunning. Not a lot of people can pull off such a plain color, but she did it. And that necklace: Oh. My. God. Frigging beautiful.

cdOne comment my bff made was that everyone had gym-hair. And it’s kind of true. Very few people had fancy hair, and everyone else had wispy ponytails/buns. I guess that’s not a bad thing—Cameron Diaz always goes for gym-hair, and she looked fabulous. I loved her dress.

KhA lot of people were wearing red, but Catherine Heigl’s dress was very unique and the shoulder-thing was pretty. Oh, and she was so nervous when she was presenting! It’s funny that actors can create these entirely different characters and yet still be terrified to get up and talk in front of a million people. Kinda makes me feel better, because I have such bad stage fright.

tsThere weren’t too many surprises this year. Biggest surprise, I guess, were the Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress categories. I just watched Michael Clayton yesterday and Tilda Swinton was amazing, but I’m still surprised she won. I would’ve thought Julie Christie or Cate Blanchet would win. And I hate to say it, but Tilda was wearing a shiny garbage bag. She’s a great actress, and she gave a really funny speech, but the woman does not have much of a fashion sense.

As usual, the Oscars were really fun. One of my favorite parts of the show was the Harlem IMPACT Rep performing one of the songs from August Rush. It was incredible, and I can’t believe they didn’t win!

And as usual, my sister won the pool—a whopping FOUR DOLLARS. Yeah, she’s really lucky.
What amazing Oscar moments am I missing?
**All pics courtesy of TeamSugar**

18 Responses to My Oscars post

I’m such a geek, I completely forgot and spent all evening talking on the computer. *sigh*

2. kiki says:

i said the same thing over at plain jaynes the dresses didnt match the talent

3. Olivia says:

I can’t even remember how many people were wearing red!! Katherine Heigl looks fabulous (as always). I love Cameron Diaz’s hair, she probably spent hours making it perfect, but it looks like she spent about half a minute on it. Wheras my hair looks like I spent all night primping. I love love LOVE her dress, btw. 😉

4. Jackie says:

i luv Catherine’s Heigl’s dress!

5. heidi says:

Great sum up, Alex! I agree about Felicity–she looked the best. Not sure I liked the off-the-shoulder number on Izzy, but her face and hair looked olden days movie star glam, which is a nice look for her.

Someone told me Cameron got worst dressed, which is nuts. She looked great. But someone should teach her how to pronounce cinematography. Hee.

I congratulated Mr. Andrew on the birth of Henry. Thanks for the heads up!

6. Olivia says:

I totally agree about Miley Cyrus. She’s okay at singing, but, I’m sorry, she can’t dance. Just a notice to anyone who’s reading this: If you’re a fan of Miley, I’m sorry!! That’s just my opinion. 😛 I did love her dress, though. And her hair.

7. Tiff says:

have you seen the movie ‘once’ yet? are you totally in love with it? are you not able to stop listening to the soundtrack? oh wait, that’s me. i am SOO happy it won.
    you need to see it if you haven’t yet. i think you would like it. great music, obvi.
    i love keri russell, and she does look beautiful…but dang, she is too skinny for me. her arm is like kindling.

8. Lindsey says:

I just fixed the link to the pics of the Anti-Valentines Day ball if you still want to see them. Thanks for letting me know.

9. Olivia says:

All those dresses look so glamourus bet people have to be size 1 to fit those.

Yeah man, just what was up with Tilda’s look? She looked like some pastey Irish schoolboy or something! Not very womanly/feminine at all! The screenwriter for Juno, Diablo Cody looked quite herself didn’t she? LOLOL! She’s quite the little rocking rebel, tatoos and all.

Yeah, Katherine Heigl was truly anxious. I remember Kim Basinger suffering from the same stage fright condition. Time for some shots baby to relax!

I was most pleased that the BEST ACTRESS award was such a surprise. And well-deserved to that French actress, for the movie she is in looks amazing, and I can’t wait to see it.

I wholly agree with you as you probably already know from reading my take on last night haha. Keri Russel was and always is for that matter, gorgeous, I’m still a bit pissed that she didn’t get nominated for Waitress!

haha a whopping $4! 🙂

12. mylie says:

Australia didn’t even air the Oscar’s!
    I’ve had to suss out the dresses and what not through the internet, so irritating!
    But I thought your blog was great =]

Cameron Diaz looked gorgeous!
    And i wuite like the trend of fancy dress with laidback hair. i think too over done is a well overdone look.

14. Thanks for the comment, really! And your book, Back Talk,looks intresting I’ll be picking that book of the shelves and recommend it to my friends. Also, where can I find a publishing company? So far I sumbitted it to Scholastic and Teen Ink but never got a response.

Shenell Keanna

15. Wendy says:

I really did love Keri’s gown, its really my style.

16. Keri Russell was one of my favorites, a real understated beautiful dress! & i loooved that everyone didn’t have that austentatious “prom” updo & it was more loose and natural– i think thats much more flattering

17. hannah says:

i have been loving keri russell lately. she looked amazing at the oscars.

oooh gym hair great observation!
    i love the gym hair look, it really balances out the fancy dress