TV. Come on, you love it too.

SPOILERS!!!

Just watched the premiere of ANTM:10. I’m not enough of a connoisseur to know if this will be a great season, but they chose a bunch of girl’s who’d been passed up before, so it seems like they’ll all try extra hard to win, and the level of motivation should be exciting!

My faves, so far (thanks to pix from cwtv.com):

whitneyWhitney. She’s this season’s +size model, so I have to root for her. She’s really pretty, and she wants to get the “plus size” word out there, (not like she’ll win or anything, they never do!) but go get ’em Whitney!

claire
Claire. She’s stunning with unique style. She reminds me of a bird, but not in a bad way. She has a pretty good strut and the clothes should look good on her. And apparently her “thing” is raising awareness for the environment. Yay ozone layer!

fatima
Fatima is the beautiful Somalian model. Personally, I can’t stand her hair, but I’m hoping that’ll be fixed in an upcoming makeover epi. And if she ate some food, that wouldn’t hurt either. Well it might hurt, but nutrition is good for you–promise! Her platform is really intense: she was circumcised at age 7 (it’s common in many African cultures), and she wants to raise awareness and fight against female genital mutilation. No arguments there!

There are some other good contenders, and some bad ones, too. They all seem to have “been through something tragic” which is both sad and annoying. Can’t we just watch happy people wear pretty clothes anymore? And most of them seem to have a hard time runway-walking. I mean, I’m no expert supermodel strutter, but then again, I’m not trying to be! Haha.

BAG

And on another TV note, I was watching the new Terminator show on Fox the other night. The show’s not very good, but guess who’s on it: Brian Austin Green (my beloved David Silver from 90210)! He’s engaged to the girl from Transformers, right? I guess they both have a Man vs Machine thing going on. Anyway, it’s nice to see that hottie back on the small screen because he’s freaking hottt!

PS-A big thank you to Kiki for the Thinking Blogger nomination. I feel like a rock star!

26 Responses to TV. Come on, you love it too.

1. WHATT how did i miss the premiere of ANTM? i’m pretty upset right now not gonna lie.. at least I got to watch the Project Runway reunion episode :/

xoxo

2. I liked claire too =D And yes there were some really bad ones, like the one who stood in front of the camera and asked if they wanted her to pose, lol, she also said she took money from the bank when tyra asked her about her job as a bank teller

I *love* America’s Next Top Model! I Tivo’d it,
    so don’t you give anything important away!
    Lol. Now I can’t wait to go home and see it.

4. Tiff says:

no way. YOU love Brian Austin Green too??
    want to hear my story, from back in my jr. high days when I was totally in love with him? and MET HIM?
    ok.
    so i went to this amusement park in Ohio [Geauga Lake] to meet him. he was signing photos with a buddy. i got to the park with my family and RAN to the little picnic area where he was signing. i finally got there and the PR people literally closed the gate to the fence right my sad little jr. high face. seriously. what jerks. they told me i was too late and gave me an unsigned photo.

needless to say i moped through the park for hours after that. and kept my eyes peeling in case my love was walking around or getting on rides.

so later that day i am on this ride with my sisters. it was this one where you ride around pretty fast and they play SUPER loud music. well THE song at the time was ‘jump’ by kriss kross. no lie. so that song started playing while we were on the ride, and this huge crowd of people formed in front of the ride. and i thought it was just because of the song.

the ride stopped and i couldn’t get the bar thingy lifted so my sisters and i were stuck until someone helped us. so [this is in slow motion now] i look up and BRIAN AUSTIN GREEN is STANDING right there! hence the huge crowd!! so he opened the ride thingy and helped us out of the seat and i swear i couldn’t stop smiling for days.

so no autograph. but a WAY better story. right?? 😉

ps – i have ANTM on dvr. going to watch it soon.
    pps – i think it’s high time you add me to your blogroll.

5. Tiff says:

whoops just realized i said i kept my eyes peeling. sounds painful. :/

6. Lady says:

Oh my god – 90210 flashback!

By the way – so jealous you are going to SXSW. I went last year – best time ever! Definitely come check out Ari if you can. Such a talented performer and an even better guy.

7. Jody says:

I did watch ANTM! I just blogged about it. I didn’t want to read your post first because I didn’t want to be influenced. I am so easily influenced if everyone says lets go to the bar after work I go, if I am a diet and everyone says lets go out for cupcakes, I go. I am horrible. I think the plus size girl this season is gorgeous I really hope she delivers…..I didn’t pick Claire as a top contender, I do think she is really oddly pretty but I am not sure how its going to work on camera.

8. kiki says:

I didn’t get to watch it but no one can beat yoanna from cycle 1 and you are a rock star even without the nomination LOL

Those girls on ANTM act all. Though I do like the “plus” size girl. I only saw a part of the premiere episode and I just remembered that I wanted to go shopping instead. If you wanted to know, I bought khakis that are so comfy and perfect for work. I’m all in Project Runway like you couldn’t believe so that’s where most of my TV time is going to.

10. Adele says:

Heyy… I wont get to see this season till like next year… we are like 2 seasons behind here in England! but ive seen loadsa blogs about it and Whitney seems the prettiest!
    Btw thanks for your comment about my photography project… i serched ‘Christina’s World’ its really pretty im putting it in my top choices thanks ! 🙂 I also found this:
    thought it was abit weird/funny! and you mite wanna see it as its one of your fav paintings 🙂

11. Wendy says:

I haven’t missed the past seasons of ANTM, but I should get back into it. Claire’s style looks really hip.

12. P says:

I’m so excited about the new season. Claire is my favourite because she reminds me of model Suvi Koponen, a fellow Finn 🙂

13. Clair is so beautiful!

14. ana says:

The ANTM winners never become actual top models but its still fun to watch. Fatima is so exotic.

Brian went to my high school, but I never saw him. U THINK HE’S THAT HOT?!

Hmm…okay I guess, but man that girl he gots is so gorgeous!

16. Lynn says:

Oh man, I missed the first half hour or so last week. I probably won’t have time to watch this week since I’m leaving Thursday for San Fran. I think Tyra just wants everyone to cry, so she always asks them about bad things that have happened to them.

agree with you on all points except one:
    i think because this is cycle 10, tyras gonna have to do a really special winner, yes, i think this might be the year a plus size girl takes it.
    because they really think she’ll succeed in the modelling world? pfft, no! because the 10th winner has to be memorable

18. Olivia says:

I love ANTM. (: I miss a few episodes here and there, but I never miss the finale. LOL. I don’t think anyone does.

LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog.
    Trade links?

XOXO

I finally watched my tivo’d copy of ANTM last night. I love Whitney (her face is as intelligent as it is beautiful) and that pale awkward girl, I forgot her name. Hugs!

Aw man, I hate the way I always get sucked into each season of ANTM…but I really didn’t like the mouthy, over-confident 18 year old chick with the black hair (can’t remember her name), which probably means that she’ll go far. I like Claire though, her hair is so pretty.

PS. Smarties? I always like to report on big news, who cares about politics?

ooh. i totally agree with you about the somalian girl.
    bad hair, verrrry skinny, but dang! ya gotta feel bad for her!

mmmm i cant wait until this wednesday!

22. Olivia says:

Thanks for the comments!! I already read your book, btw, and I’m so sorry that I forgot to put Back Talk on my favorite books list. (: I loved loved loved your book…it’s so freaky that I’m trading links with a freakin awesome author.

XOXO

23. Dilemma says:

HOLD ON-Brian Austin Green is engaged to Megan ‘my face never moves’ Fox? Allow me to choke back my bile…Just kidding. Maybe.

ANTM was especially campy and it made me so happy.

24. it makes me want to start watching Terminator just so I can see “david” again, I was hoping he would be on Dancing With The Stars eventually but I guess he has a real gig now.

For the record, the hubby and I like the Terminator show. But BAG isn’t a regular. He’s just been a guest star for the past couple episodes.

26. Maggie says:

I am sad that they died Whitney’s hair blonde. *tear* I think Aimee got the best hair this year. Fatima’s looks a million gazillion times better, but it looks very…weavy. Like, really fake. (Not as fake as Amis’s, though. Poor girl.)

I liked Claire better with dark hair, but I think she can pretty much rock everything. She’s my fave. Marvita’s was ridiculous but works on her. Anya looks like an alien. Katarzyna looks pretty much the same — gorgeous girl, but kinda boring. Stacy Ann got dealt a raw deal, but she’s making it work the best she can. Lauren looks fine; whatever. She doesn’t impress me that much. Glad Allison is gone, she was a hose beast and I hated her even from the casting episode. Dominique is fug. Am I forgetting anyone else?