I’m not going to do a Valentines Day post…..

Okay, fine. Yes I am.

rainbow necklace

I was going to avoid posting about the big HEART DAY, but there is so much kitschy, fabulous schlock all over the internet and stores!!! Every time I pass American Apparel they’ve changed their window display. There are hearts dangling from every restaurant in my ‘hood. And Duane Reade’s been cashing in since December 29th. So now it’s my turn…

Almost everything at FredFlare.com is Valen-tastic, but here are my faves:

$10 Rainbow Heart necklace. It’s got a cute little diamond (I wish—it’s probably just a dot of metal) on the side. Yes, it is un poco tacky, but this little rainbow/heart makes me smile.

cups $14 Heart Shaped Measuring Cups. Too cute to actually cook with, but I bet they’d look pretty dangling from my wall.

cocoa Hot Cocoa with heart shaped marshmallows … I’m not sure about this one. I bet the cocoa doesn’t actually taste all that great, and the marshmallows—to me they look mangled. And what did they do with the marshmallow holes?

rose rings $9 Rose Rings. Aren’t these pretty? Unfortunately, they only come in a size 7, and I have abnormally small fingers, so I will not be sporting a Rose Ring this V-day.

photobooth
I totally love these $14 Photobooth Frame Necklaces. Andy and I have a bunch of photobooth pictures from over the years, and I think it would kick ass to put one of them in a framed necklace. I guess it’s like a modern day locket… except it’s not quite as personal because it’s dangling around your neck for all to see. Hmmm…

Thanks Fred Flare for the countless random, useless products that I now desperately want to buy!
Up next….

WARNING: This next item does not fall under the catagory of schlock. It’s just plain fabulous.
KissKiss How much do you love this fun pendant by LaCoque? I loved it so much that I bought it—and now it’s sold out, sorry folks. But there’s a lot more fabulousness to be had at their Etsy shop, so swing on by!

I think my favorite ridiculous Valentines Day item is this:
IMG_3707_r
“Perfect Fit” Denim Chocolates. I saw this at the drugstore and had to take a picture. I mean, have you ever seen anything so cheesy? It makes me happy inside, just knowing that old Mom Jeans are being recycled, and turned into Valentines Day chocolates. Fantastic. Oh, and did I mention that the box is padded? Yeah, it almost feels like you’re actually touching someone’s butt.

Happy Valentines Day (week), lovelies!!!

26 Responses to I’m not going to do a Valentines Day post…..

Okay, fine. Yes I am.

1. Gledwood says:

I like the $10 “dot of metal” amongst rainbow one…

Right: now re “YA” reading… what am I saying… SE Hinton! THEE bookmeister of the genre, surely~??

~Another one I loved was Robert Cormier: I Am The Cheese … that one really got me

;->…

2. OK – the jeans box – HIlarious. Too, too funny.
    I honestly love the photobooth framed necklace, what a great idea and so cool. Now I need to go to some crappy LES bars and get some photobooth pics done with my valentine.

love the rose rings!

are you and andy doing anything romantic for valentines day?

HAHAHAHA the perfect fit chocolates!

5. Alexandra says:

Hi! cI recently noticed your blog (it’s great)
    And I recognized that your name is Alex and your a gemini!
    My name is Alex, too and I’m a gemini!!! Funny!!!^^ hihi

6. Raisa says:

Ohmygod. Valentine’s day. I’m single, so I’ll just hang out with my girlfriends =D

I love the rainbow heart necklace and those rose rings!

รขโ„ขยฅ

oh that does sound romantic ๐Ÿ™‚ what type of restaurant is it?

my valentines plans!? glad you asked Alex! Well after breakfast in bed from James Franco, I have brunch with Jake Gyllenhaal, and later a candlelit dinner made by Patrick Dempsey

HAHA, no i wish! sadly i am still drowning in the shallow highschool dating pool (only for 4 more months though! aha!) so there are no men there, but fortunately the senior class is quite romantic because according to the e-mail i got from some one we are going all out- i dunno what this means other than actually doling out quirky valentines, but i’m kinda excited!

8. Wendy says:

Fred Flare has the best stuff! Too bad you have to order via internet.

9. aww i actually sorta like the heart marshmallows, but you’re probably right about the cocoa, it kinda looks like dirt in the packet. And lol at the box being padded, haha

ooohhhh!

the butt chocolates sound awesome.

๐Ÿ˜›

If only everything in the world could be as fun as the photo booth necklace, life would be good.
    By the by, have you had a word on the street about your books arrival in England? The people want some humour a la Alex Richards!

12. WendyB says:

When I was a kid, I had a pin that was just like that rainbow heart.

13. Yeah, we all gotta succumb to the V-Day post eventually, Alex. Btw, Jill Scott definitely maybe could have some sort of brain injury with the way she’s been showing up around town lately. Damn.

i listened to she and him and am IN LOVE!!! i cant wait till it comes out ๐Ÿ˜€

love all the valentines stuff, especially the perfect fit chocolates lol

15. Olivia says:

That necklace is gorgeous!

16. i’m slightly obsessed with all thigns heart so i love the valentines’ day merch.. btw the “perfect fit” chcolates are the funniest thing i’ve ever seen! i think the companys have run out of marketing strategies hahah

xoxo

17. ana says:

i love kitschy valentines stuff. we have a pan that presses pancakes or omlettes into the shape of a heart.

heart shaped marshmallows? Perhaps the best invention ever. Too bad they never last very long in hot chocolate!

19. Adele says:

haha cool post!! i love the hot coco with the heart shaped marshmellows the best although you are totally right about the photobooth necklace i reallyy love that! lol i have cool friends photobooth pics but no guy ones lol!

20. Maya says:

The rings and the denim chocolates are definitely my favourites.

21. Gledwood says:

Hey d’you know this is the 1st yr in my adult recorded history that I… kind of was aware Valentine’s Day was around and coming… and yet…

… somehow managed TOTALLY to let it pass me by unawares… me not caring in the slightest…!

Which = Excellent Stuff!!

;->…

22. kiki says:

I love them all ps check out my blog ASAP

I love the idea with the marshmallows. I think
    I’ll shop for a small heart-shaped cookie cutter
    and make my own. I like to use real chocolate
    anyway instead of the old powdered stuff.

24. Skyla says:

thanks for the comment =) love the photobooth necklace x

25. Kool Thing says:

Fred Flare just makes me want to cry. I honestly want EVERYTHING. Especially the Mixtape USB Sticks.

26. Kool Thing says:

Fred Flare just upsets me. I want it all!