My bag

Yes, I know I am like, the last person to get around to doing this post. I have been busy.
… But I know you’re all dying to see what’s in my bag, so here it is!

First of all, the bag I’m carrying these days is an awesome leather Marc Jacobs bag with these little buckle-things that are really hard to get open, but I make that sacrifice for fashion.

Kleenex. I always have kleenex, especially in the winter. As you can see from the bride & groom pattern, this pack is left over from my bridal shower or something.

My cell phone. The obligatory purse item. My Nokia has this cute little charm on it that Andy brought back from his trip to China. It’s merch for the Olympics, which are this year, right?

Gum. Always.

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly. What an incredible book—I highly recommend it. I wanted to read it before I go see the movie, which also looks incredible. It’s also great because it’s so small, and fits perfectly in my bag without weighing it down like The Other Boleyn Girl did.

My gorgeous Kenneth Jay Lane square hoop earrings. Maybe it’s weird that I keep them in my bag, but there’s a little pocket for them, so they don’t get banged up. It’s nice to have a pair of hot earrings in my bag, just in case I randomly wind up at a party or event. True, it’s not very often that I’m randomly whisked away to a fabulous soirรƒยฉe, but a girl should always be prepared.

L’Oreal H-I-P lip shine in “Sweet”. I love that stuff. And although I love drooling over the goodies at Sephora, this stuff is good and inexpensive.

Oral Sex Mints. How funny are these? They were a gag gift at my bachelorette party. They’re kind of gross, but they make me laugh.

Back Talk postcards!!! I ordered hundreds of these to pass out on the street and mail to people, but of course I’m too shy to stand on the street and shove postcards in peoples faces! Therefore I am stuck with tons and tons of them. I always carry them in my bag, just in case I get the balls to pass them out somewhere. And if all else fails, I’m thinking of making them into a dress. What do you think?!

Tada! So, that’s my bag, as displayed on my horrible Formica counter top. I also carry my camera in my bag, but I couldn’t exactly take a picture of it.

18 Responses to My bag

Oh come on! That’s not even half a bag worth!
    Give out the postcards. When you go to Barnes
    and Noble, leave a dozen near the chair everyone
    wants to sit in. Heck, I want a postcard, and I
    already read Back Talk! Autograph pleeze.

2. kiki says:

great bags ps my book report got an A

3. Aisha says:

I’m so jealous about your bag, it’s so pretty, plus is Marc jacobs, how can that not be cool?. And your square hoop earrings, to diiiie for.

give away those postcards, don’t be shy ๐Ÿ˜‰

ooo marc jacobs! gah! i hate you alex haha, you lucky girl

oral sex mints HAHA!

5. I love your bag!! So Haute! those mints, lol. Bachelorette parties are the best. If you have a ton of post cards still and want to mail me some, I will totally put them in my hoodie bling packages. A lot of teens order from me so there might be some cross-marketing there. My packages are completely professional as well now, I have address labels and business cards and stickers I include. No offense taken, if you are not interested though, I want to make sure you use them for your best demos.

Also – what about stalking the tents at fashion week this weekend and week? There area always tons of girls hanging around, people handing out free fashion mags and samples, and people in general trying to catch a glimpse of a designer. I know I have hung out there in the past, just to get all the free mags, ha.

i love your bag! oh marc ๐Ÿ™‚
    and those mints are too funny lol

7. heather says:

Cute tissues! Your comment meant a lot to me, Ms. YA writer! Thank you so much!

hahaha oral sex mints!
    and love the back talk postcards!
    if i move to new york to be near the people on overheard in new york, id gladly pass them out for you!

9. Maya says:

oh, i’ll definately join molly.
    and i haven’t done this yet, but no one’s tagged me so…

10. I need to do this bag thing, though my bag right now is tiny…

anyway, if you mail me some back talk postcards I will send them out with all my orders and leave them around town in various coffee and book places.

11. Um, I. WOULD. shove the postcards in peoples faces, thats fucking amazing. ๐Ÿ™‚

12. Kirsty says:

oh your bag is so cute! and you should give out your flyers. i had a job flyering once, it could be truly depressing, but it really made you appreciate things like people just smiling at you or saying ‘thank you’ so much more! x

13. Camilla says:

I’m still laughing at the oral sex mints!!
    Back Talk sounds interesting. If I wasn’t broke I would buy a copy ๐Ÿ˜‰

Lemme tells ya, definitely interested in those oral sex mints. By far the best damn thing in that purse! AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA! Ladies, you may not think they’re essential, but you just never know! Good for you for having them!

As for that Diving Bell book, I hear terrific things about the movie. I can’t wait to see it now.

I SO need to start carrying around postcards for my books. And you don’t know necessarily have to pass them out, Alex. You can leave them at the places you visit (restaurant, store, etc). And I’m surprised you’re not carrying the kitchen sink in that thing as well. I never understood the whole “big purse” craze. I guess I don’t carry enough to warrant ever buying one. But yours is nice.

16. Olivia says:

That bag is so awesome! marc jacobs bags must be big to carry all that stuff.

17. Adele says:

funnyy mints lol
    this is such a cool blog i might post one simular but it was be much embarassing lol!
    :O that bag is amazing! the day i carry around a marc jacobs bag is the day i feel ive suceeded in life lol (im still on replicas lmao)
    and the design of the post cards are to cute! you should just throw them around n people will see them an pic them up haha
    thanks for your comment an thanks for visiting my blog ๐Ÿ™‚
    Adele x

18. rollergirl says:

Oh I want to read that book, but first I must read yours. Can I buy it in Mumbai? I’m here for another 3 weeks and the book I’m currently reading has about another 2 days left in it I reckon…