Holiday recap

HAPPY 2008 EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!
I really can’t believe it’s 2008. Really. It’s crazy. But I won’t go on and on.
I’m compiling my best/worst 2007 list, but for now I’m just going to recap Xmas, because I’m getting so behind. Did everyone have a great holiday season?
My family and I had a wonderful time. It was my first Christmas with my husband (as opposed to the past few years when he was just my boyfriend—soooo different, haha). The whole day just pretty much ROCKED!! We brought the cats over to my sisters, and I think they had a really fun time, although they are REALLY good at being mischievous and knocking stuff over, which my sister didn’t really appreciate–sorry Ind!

glitterChristmas highlights: I got those square hoop Kenneth Jay Lane earrings. Awesome. And they look fantastic, if I do say so myself.

Keeping in the vein of glittery sparkleness, my sister got me the most incredible placemats from Vivre that you’ve ever seen. When I took them out of the package I just stared at them for about 10 minutes. I think they’ll be really good for dieting—food becomes 2nd banana when resting atop this glittery extravaganza. I can’t wait to have a dinner party!

quelfThanks to my mom, we ate fantastic food all day long, and played tons of games. If you’re looking for a new game to keep you and your friends highly entertained, try QUELF. We played at Thanksgiving, so it’s quite possible I’ve already mentioned this quirky game of charades, Q&A, dares, and all around weirdness.

choc
Someone gave us the most fantastic chocolates from Jacques Torres—he makes tons of fancy fillings that melt in your mouth. I ate way too many, and I’m paying for it now.

jWe saw JUNO over Xmas, which I very highly recommend. It was completely hilarious, well written, clever, not too sappy, with lovable characters, and a great soundtrack. It may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but I’m a sucker for quirky dialog and offbeat characters. I’d love to write a movie like that one day. And Michael Sera is in it (the kid from Arrested Development and Superbad) and I think he is awesome. I want him to be my best friend. Is that so much to ask?

Gotta go. But, one last horrifying note before I say buh-bye. Andy and I went to Rite Aid the day after Christmas: All the xmas decorations were gone and the store was filled with heart shaped boxes, fake roses, and other Valentines Day paraphernalia. Valentines Day in December? I mean, seriously. SERIOUSLY! I couldn’t believe it.

40 Responses to Holiday recap

1. Lisa Asanuma says:

Wow, those chocolates look amazing. Hee. Glad you had a great holiday! Happy 2008, Alex!

2. Xmas rocked and I’m SO glad you liked the placemats, can’t wait to be invited over to dine on them!
    Thinking about V-Day makes me nauseous, it’s WAY too soon.
    Happy New Year hot stuff!!

3. Yay!!!! I am so glad you got the buffy book!! I haven’t read mine yet but it looks totally awesome. I LOVE your placemats and you can not go wrong with Jacques Torres chocolatey chocolate love. I believed there is an outpost on the uber-fabby UWS now? I haven’t been yet but must go soon. Thanks for the 2008 well-wishes, I hope you get all you deserve this year and we get to finally meet up!

4. kiki says:

I just ordered your book and it really should be here. I have a short fiction book report coming up I hope you don’t mind if I use your book

5. Glam Guide says:

Happy New Year! Jacques Torres chocolates are devilish, aren’t they, and so so pretty. Thanks for the heads-up on Quelf, I’m ordering it on Amazon ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Lady says:

Happy New Year! So glad your holiday went well!

Bad kitties! BAD! Sounds like ye had a nice holiday tho. Happy New Year!

Yeah, I too noticed the Valentine’s Day stuff out already. Pretty freakin’ crazy.

Hey, this Michael Cera is aDORKable. I just saw him in Superbad and found him completely endearing. I wanna see JUNO now! He’s Canadian with a Sicilian father or something. HE ROX! Watch out Shia LeBeouf!

8. Raisa says:

Uh. It’s sad when Xmas time is over. I really love the decorations, they make everything look happier. Also, we spend a lot of time and energy (buying gifts, decorating, buying food and getting ready) for one day only, that’s when it’s over, it’s so sad.

After new year eve, I have been doing nothing but staying at home =L so boring. I’m so bored, my only fun is arguing with my mother =L.

But can’t believe they’re putting valentine’s decoration already! It’s way too soon.

I want to watch JUNO and those chocolates, ohmygod, i can’t blame you for eating a lot of them (: they look SO good.

รขโ„ขยฅ

I want chocolate so bad it’s not even funny. I think that after Christmas binging has been done, sweet things should be made temporarily illegal so some of us have a chance of losing that holiday weight which personally torments me well into May.
    V Day decorations already? That’s pretty eager. It’s such a cheesy holiday though.

10. Hi Sweetie!
    Happy New Year !!!
    I’ll be back blogging again soon!
    Love those placemats,I mean LO-HUVE them !

11. Chocolates are my downfall in life !

12. kiki says:

Your book came today and I think I am on chapter three it is great so far!

glad to hear ur xmas was good!
    that game sounds really cool – i should get it, cuz we have lots of family gettogetthers and what not!
    and im in love w/ those placemats, and anything glittery in general

happy 2008!

Yuck. I DON’T

WHY DOES IT DO THAT? I had a nice, little, and well-thought out comment typed and ready, I click submit and everything but “Yuck. I DON’T” is deleted.

Sorry.

I wish you luck in the new year!

16. Ana says:

Your blog is so interesting. I had a nice Christmas as well but my sister recieved one very odd gift of a magic 8 ball/Buddah figurine. My mom, to our dismay because we thought it was kinda cool, regifted it at a regifting party.

Your cat in the box is so cute. I love cats. When I grow up I might be a cat lady.

I want to see Juno badly. Superbad is hilarious

want to trade links?

omg i fell in love w/ michael cera too, he was so charming and sweet, aww

oh completely feel free to steal anything, from you i wouldnt mind for a second! im STILL waiting for my library to get “back talk” but its on its way!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU TOO!

19. kiki says:

Your book was fantastic words can’t even explain If people are reading this please order that book now

20. Heather says:

I’m seriously about to go watch Juno by myself!

21. Mash says:

happy belated new year 2008 ๐Ÿ™‚ hummm those chocolates looks delicious &hearts

22. Shaira says:

I just read about quelf and we HAVE to play it. you’re probably really sick of it by now, so I can wait until you have a quelf moment. Does it have a buzzer? happy new year!

23. Jen says:

2008 FASHION BLOGGER AWARDS ARE HAPPENING, PLEASE FILL OUT THE NOMINATION FORM @MAHALOFASHION.COM

Thanks,

Jen

24. Thise chocolates are like a work of art!!!

Happy Very belated New Year….I have been in a 2008/Tax/work out coma for days….I am a bad blog friend

25. Those chocolates are so beautiful and they look so tasty! Give some, please!!!
    I also can’t believe it is 2008 allready, time goes by so fast!
    I wish you a very happy New Year!

26. alexa says:

ah but the thing is Juno ISSSS everyone’s cup of tea! haha happy belated new year and those chocolates are absolutely adorable!

27. Tiff says:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I finally saw Juno last weekend……..frickin loved it. DId you see ‘Darjeeling Limited?’ I will have to rent it, I never got to see it in theaters.

28. Heather says:

I LOVE LOVE LOVEd Juno! Sooooo funny, and I completely agree about the offbeat characters. And I love Michael Cera, such a cutie. After seeing Superbad, then the previews for Juno, I had to go see it! And it’s exciting that Ellen Page is up for some awards, too! She did a great job!
    Glad your holidays were fab! I can’t complain ’bout mine either! ๐Ÿ™‚

29. Dilemma says:

No fair! I want glitter placemats!

Oh, and you should know that I got your book for Christmas by complete coincidence. I was opening presents and BAM there it was. It was from my estranged aunt with a note that said, “it sounds like something you might read!” and I freaked out to my mom saying “I E-KNOW THE AUTHOR!!!” She totally didn’t get it but whatever. It was still an amazing moment.

All the xmas decorations were gone and the store was filled with heart shaped boxes…

I think they want our blood. They slide the blade quietly under the armpit to puncture a lung, then when the air drains out, they go straight for the heart. While you’re distracted, you don’t notice your pocketbook missing.

31. Maya says:

Yey, HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    The placemats sound amazing! wow

32. Mrs Fashion says:

Happy new year to you too!
    I’m so jealous on your placemats -Vivre is my favourite interiors shopping site but the shipping to the uk kind of puts me off ;-(
    And… you think seeing Valentines stuff is bad? Just after the Big Day all the buses in London had posters on them for Cadbury’s creme eggs…
    For Easter!

x

33. Mrs Fashion says:

I meant shipping costs… not just general shipping!

34. kiki says:

You’ve been tagged

I have been dying to see Juno!! And happy new year! and glitter placemats? Amazing!

36. Slimbolala says:

Yeah, Juno was very sweet and funny.

37. yes, juno was awesome. i totally agree. and i heart michael cera. you can be his best friend if i can marry him. xo

ohmygahhhhh

juno was amazing.

“im FO SHIZZ up the spout.”

hahahaahahahaha