I know, I know. “A Top 5 list about Wisconsin? Am I crazy?” But I had fun there.
(Maggie: this post’s for you!)
1. BOP. One of my favorite, favorite websites is Shopbop.com. It is a heavenly place for us fashion-addicts. Well, apparently the mothership is IN Madison. Imagine my surprise when I was walking around on my first day and suddenly gravitated toward this fashion mecca. Yes, it is pricey, but at least worthy of a little window shopping. I bought the cutest purple dress by Velvet (but I can’t find a pic of it, damn!).
2. Cheese. Man, do I love cheese. Favorites include brie, goat cheese/chevre, gouda—cheese rules. Actually, I didn’t even eat that much cheese while in Cheese Country. But they’re ’bout it, ’bout it, so I thought I should represent le fromage.
3. Museums! Chazen Museum. A great museum next to the university. There was a great photo exhibit about children living in war torn countries. Dismal, but amazing.
4. Live music. I’ve always thought going to see live music in New York was the best thing ever, but after seeing The Brunettes at a tiny little venue called High Noon in Madison, I might have to change my mind! The setting was so intimate. It was so much fun! We were in the front row the whole time (well, there only was a front row). They were adorable. We even chatted with them a bit at the end of the show—not something that happens
5. Famous people! Actually, there are a lot of famous Wisconsinites. To name a few:
Laura Ingalls Wilder. Ah, the Little House books. Childhood favorites. There were tons, and I don’t think I read them all, but I loved them. And yes, I even watched the TV show, Little House on the Prairie, when I was a little kid. Don’t laugh.
*Harry Houdini Can you feel the magic? (side note: he was really born in Budapest.)
*Georgia O’Keefe. She was born in WI, but she lived in New Mexico, my hometown. She was just incredible, wasn’t she? So talented. And married to an incredible photographer, Alfred Stieglitz.
*Liberace. Crike, that man was a nut.
Anyway, you either found this interesting, or so boring that you’re never going to visit my blog again! Haha.
Also, I want to thank everybody for there nice comments about my YouTube video!!! I’m keeping the link up in the PRESS section of my blog, if you ever want to watch it again.