Back Talk Promo Video

Sorry to bombard you with back-to-back BACK TALK posts, but remember that secret project I was working on a few weeks ago? Well, it was a stop-motion paper doll adaptation of a scene from Back Talk! It is a bit silly—okay, very silly—but I put a lot of work into it, and I would love for you guys to check it out. Please pass it on to all your friends! I’m still trying to make Back Talk a bestseller and I need your help, peeps!!!

ps-yes, I finally figured out how to post a YouTube video. I’m becoming a techno-savvy genius! haha.

30 Responses to Back Talk Promo Video

omg i LOVED it! it was so vintage-y artsy! LOVE IT! and now i really need to read your book – it sounds very whitty!
    what a great idea for a “book trailer”
    LOVE IT!
    🙂

2. OMG you are a genius!!!!!

Love this, just love it!!

3. rollergirl says:

this is bloody brilliant!

I think that you need a weekly spot for mini episodes. Like novelettes. I’d watch it. It was very Gossip Girl…which I must admit I have been watching…and liking a bit.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH! Like Meg says, that shit belongs on the CW!

Some way to drink champagne! LOLOLOLOLOL!

6. LaLaLauren. says:

That was really cool!

7. omg, this is brilliant! Holy Crapola, everyone should see this clip, so creative I absolutely love that you did this. What a great idea, I am spreading the word to everyone. So who is doing the voices?

8. kayl says:

funny. i like the background music, it was a very nice touch to the video.
    p.s.check out my new post.

Aww, that was so cute. So far, all I’ve heard of Back Talk is exactly how you describe it–if Gossip Girl and The Devil Wears Prada had a baby. I’m sorry, I still haven’t been around to reading it–I don’t exactly have any spare bucks, and I can’t ask my ‘rents to buy anything for me these days. But believe me–it’s at the top of my “Books to Buy” list.

I hope you’ve been well, and are enjoying the autumn. =)

10. Valley Girl says:

V. tech-savvy, sweetie! I’m impressed! =)

haha! that was great, so cute, and so funny! you’re like my favorite blogger ever! 🙂 i agree with meg we need mini eps! more more more! hehe

btw, alex, i know i mentioned this in my last blog post, but i’m going to nYC next weekend and was wondering what i should make sure to do? best shopping, food, cultural activities? and whats overrated?

wow alex, that was quite a comprehensive list! thank you! i am def planning to check out the moma- i think van gogh is the current exhibit- yay he’s one of my favs, and probably the MET too, my family doesn’t do a lot of sightseeing, however we usually check out the major art museums in whatever city we’re in, and NY is top notch in the US. but other than all of the gorgeous art i’ll probably be doing a lot of shopping- hehe, hey it is cultural, you meet more locals that way compared to just sightseeing. haha, well ok, that’s my excuse and i’m sticking to it. so thanks for the great list of places to check out, i’ll definitely be using it. isn’t williamsbury where vanessa lives in the gossip girls books haha? wow, sad my knowledge of NYC comes from movies and teen lit…nice. and hopefully i will get to serinidipity, we’re staying near it. any other good food places though?

That was great! I love how you did the drink animation, which I don’t know how you did. Thats a great promo for your book!

i definitely dont blame you for the back to back back talk posts (oooh tongue twister!)
    if i had a book PUBLISHED
    every post would have subtle references to it
    and subliminal messages!

i cant watch embedded videos 🙁 🙁 PLEASE SEND ME THE YOUTUBE LINK

also i tried to add you on facebook…did you get it

15. Yeah, the poof is a bit much, but I totally dig the heel, so hot!

I tried to fix the prob, better??

16. Cheri Lee says:

That was so creative and cool =]
    I think I might buy your book soon-it looks interesting.
    Thanks for the nice comment on my blog!

17. molly* says:

i have to tell you that was an amazig idea, very creative and i love the animations. you deserve an oscar!!!
    molly*

18. AWESOME !!! Truly an exorcise in fabulosity ,woops,didn’t mean to go all Kimora Lee Simmons on you,but Dang …child….thats a hepcats cool!!!

19. Maya says:

wow. it makes it look really really good. i still haven’t got round to reading it but i am going to buy it when i get back from china.
    i will tell everyone about it. i will promote it to the world. I’ll be like a groupy without the sex part.

20. alexgirl says:

Thanks for all your lovely, supportive comments everybody! I’m doing a nerdy little dance right now in appreciation!!!
    The voices are me (America), my friend Jessica Baily (Dana) and my BFF’s sister Karlee Hondo-Rust (Gemma).
    Thanks for watching, everybody!

GUESS WHAT!
    I lobbied my library system to get “Back Talk” and they bought FOUR copies. And I’m first in line to get it.
    So I shall be reading your book soon, and I’m ridiculously excited

22. Arwen says:

Haha! That was wicked awesome!

=) So, I guess you already know that my thunder was stolen, but I finally found Back Talk! Searched for it in three countries, but I’ve got it now! =D It rocked, just so you know! Well, I suppose you already did, being published and surrounded by half-mental fans like us. xDD Great job, Alex Richards, great job!!

i LOVE it! sooo amazing.

24. excellent! and since you’re a youtube stud now, can you tell me how to turn my trailer (275 mb) into a

25. Jen says:

OMIGOSH how did you do that? Must have taken you forever! I loved watching it was very entertaining, wonder if she’ll get in with that crappy ID!

26. Drusilla says:

That’s so cool, now I have images in my head of what the characters should look like (pity the book isn’t available anywhere in India yet)..

YES! im so excited to read it

28. Kiki says:

Finally tomarrow I will be on a computer that is capitable of actuallly loading this film. I can’t wait to see it.

29. Wow! What an amazing idea! Love it! I haven’t finished reading BACK TALK yet, I have so much work going on, but I’m loving the book! It is an amazing books for us girls to have fun reading!
    Congrats!

30. I did watch it, but not tie to post I am off to fly out for a wedding later today. I dislike heather in person, I think, but her photos are still pretty good. Poor Poor Saleisha, she was so hot before she got that bowl cut. I am into jenah and chantal a lot, both hotties and of course lisa still! The show is just not as good as last “cycle” 🙁