Fab for fall

I have a love hate relationship with fall. It makes me sad because I miss being in school (I know, I’m crazy) and it seems like summer has ended far too soon… but at the same time, I am cucko for autumn.

For one thing, fashion is amazing–especially living in NYC. dressNot that most of us can afford it, but Intermix is like the Willy Wonka’s of couture. Check out this green dress by Jenni Kayne, for instance. Okay, so it’s a little trapeze-y for my taste, but I love the color and material. With thick tights and heels it’d be hottt.

shoesAlso, now that it’s fall, I’m in the market for some new walking-around sneakers. I’ve got my eye on these Sauconys. I love thin sneakers—you know, just in case I need to do ballet at a moments notice.

Other Fall Things I’m excited about…
TV: Call me crazy, but I’m dying to see the CW premiere of Gossip Girl. Maybe I’m just biased because it’s a TV show based on a super popular YA novel, and it would be my DREAM to have my novel Back Talk (or any subsequent novel) be transformed to TV or film. Ah, sweet success. … But anyway, it looks salacious and silly, and I’m sure I’ll love it. I’m not too picky when it comes to mindless telly.

And who could forget the season premiere of America’s Next Top Model! I know CountryGirl CityLife is especially ecstatic about tomorrow’s season premiere. It’s going to be awesome, especially because I heard Ty-Ty is taking an “eco-friendly” approach this season—can’t wait to see how they rock that!

Theater: I just want to say a big CONGRATS to my good friend Paco who is in his first legit Off-Broadway play, The Children of Vonderly this fall. Paco has starred in several of our Potato Riot flicks, but he’s starting to hit the big time now! Yay Paco.

Books: I’m halfway through Special Topics in Calamity Physics and totally loving it. bookI’ve got a reading list a mile long, but I think next up I’ll read Eat, Pray, Love, or fellow Flux author Carrie Jones book, Tips on Having a Gay Ex-Boyfriend—sounds fun, right?

It’s kinda cold right now, but I heard on the news that the temp is supposed to go back up to 80 by the end of the week. Holy shnikes we have been having some schizo weather these days. Anyway, while I’m feeling all cozy-and-Fall-like, I’m going to bundle up and drink some cocoa, cuddle with my que guapo kitties, and decide which fall premiere shows to watch (Pushing Daisies), and which ones to steer clear of (Cavemen).

15 Responses to Fab for fall

i know what you mean about fall – it means summers over – but it means new clothes!

i saw the pilot for gossip girl this weekend (it was free on itunes) and i have to say im sooooo hooked! i havent read the books – which i heard are good – but it was a really good pilot – so juicy already and the clothes and music is spectacular!

i adore fall! except not for the school part haha, but i cannot wait to break out the tights, the patent leather, the school girl dresses, the sweater dresses, the scarves, and everything fall- even though i realize that once i do, i won’t be able to don a pair of flipflops for another 6 months because of MN’s ghastly winters, once fall starts, we aren’t going back lol. it’s worth it though, totally worth it!

ooo i adore gossip girl and that tv series is the perfect trashy distraction 🙂 although i must admit nate is too pretty boy for me , but then again i never liked him, i’ve always thought dan was the man hehe plus josh schwartz is a genius- i hope the clothes and music rock too!

thanks for the compliments on the last post 🙂 the minute i read that article i had to post on it, the idea was so intriguing, the post itself was fasincating to write. glad it’s appreciated!

Holy cow girl! I AM RIGHT THERE WITH YOU! I have been seeing those billboards all over LA city here for GOSSIP GIRL and I too can’t wait! The boys in it look hot and I’ve been wanting this kind of addictive soap-operish show for years! I WILL BE WATCHING WEDNESDAY NIGHT! WOOHOO!

4. Molly G says:

hey lady!..
    how are u? it’s been so long.. u’re welcomed to see my comeback!.
    kisses,
    mg*

5. ooh, I have heard great things about the physics book, I need to read it and I am unnaturally psyched about Gossip Girl, it better live up. great post!!! Go Paco!

6. You know when I was reading Back Talk I kept picturing it as a movie or tv show, I think it would be more than perfect…I love, loved it!!

7. ambika says:

Classic Sauconys have a place in my heart but those updated ones are awfully tempting….

And the previews for ‘Gossip Girl’ seriously make it sound like the show of the year. I hope it can live up to the hype.

love that first green dress
    also curious about gossip girl because i love the boooks, but the tv show looks like a soap opera while i found the books to be more satirical

9. I’m doing the same thing right now, but I’m trying to decide which fall shows will be cancelled first.

10. That green dress is so cute!
    I love fall, I know what you mean!
    I can’t wait to seen Gossip Girls!
    And I can’t wait to read your book, it is taking so long to get here, and now the brazilian postal service is on strike!

11. That green dress is so cute!
    I love fall, I know what you mean!
    I can’t wait to seen Gossip Girls!
    And I can’t wait to read your book, it is taking so long to get here, and now the brazilian postal srevice is on strike!

12. sorry, my comment came out twice!

13. Amy says:

i love intermix!!
    and fall fashion is to die for (:

That stuff from Intermix is awesome! Why can’t I be rich? Probably cuz I’ll spend all my money on stuff like that.

I’ve got a mile long book list too. When I got your book, I bumped yours ahead of the two main ones that I was working on. It’s getting pretty good.

15. kittenpower says:

Eat, Pray, Love-
    Good book. I just adored it…

I like the fall as well. I like it when the leaves turn orange.
    And it certainly relates to “back to school shopping” for me!