Blah

This has been the fastest week ever, and it just keeps getting more hectic! Lots going on around here. School has started and the population has just quadrupled in my neighborhood. I’m scared to leave the house for fear of being trampled to death! But it’s exciting too. It almost makes me wish I was still in school—well, almost.

picI have been working on a really exciting and creative project that I am giddy to show you, but not till it’s finished. Anywho, the upshot is that I’ve been flipping through magazines for days. My sister still has magazines from 1997. And not, like, collectors items or anything. Just regular old issues of Bazaar, Elle, Vogue… it’s awesome. I can’t wait to finish my fantabulous project and show you (and the world!!!) It kind of reminds me of what a day-in-the-life must be like for Stiletto Heights.

picAnd guess what, the strange-yet-endearing Brian Mandebach interviewed me on his blog. I hope you’ll go check it out. He asked some bizarro-land questions, but it was very fun. His first novel, Or Not, is coming out this fall, and I’m very excited to check it out. I think it’s gonna be a good one!

Have a good weekend, y’all.

13 Responses to Blah

ooo. i’m excited to see what it is!

2. I think I know what it is. But I’ll keep my mouth shut.
    I miss your comemnts on my blog, Alex.
    And I still can’t find Backtalk. I’m thinking Chapters is messeded up.
    So I’ll keep trying.

i love looking thru old magazines – i still keep them and i have some from 1997 too (american girl magazines lol)

loved that interview – some of those questions were hilarious!
    🙂

4. Can’t wait to see your project!!!

i just went to my library’s website and filled out a form requesting they buy your book!

6. oh, I am so excited to see what you are working on!!!

also, I am going to be blogging about your book today, I received it in the mail from a friend and have been in the world of gemma ever since.

you my dear are wonderful, I have been reading passages out loud to my bubs, the fashion bits are lost on him but he liked the mention of the Olsen Twins.

7. I have 0 time to read blogs these days with the new career. I miss you much and can’t wait to see what you do with this project you are working on!!!!

8. nomadgirlie says:

Hi Alex! I dropped off the face of the earth and look what I missed–marriage, quiche, and fashion week! Just wanted to say love your wedding pix–you’re right, your dress was too die for (and loved the cake toppers, too :). Congratulations! I hope Back Talk is doing faboo–it was great working with you. My blog is back after a summer hiatus (ok–I was lazy and enjoying the great outdoors!) Hope you’re doing well!

9. Mrs Fashion says:

We can’t wait either!
    x

I had to order your book and I’ve read it about 1/4 the way through in almost one night. I love the snarkiness of the main character’s thoughts. Exactly what I think in some of her situations. I love it so far!

11. Congrats we trust that your next project it’s gonna be amazing as the pasts
    Kisses !!

12. yes, I am weird. But weirdness is your friend.

13. Samantha says:

Great interview — questions and answers, both.

Loved the “What do you like to blog about most — clothes, or clothes?” LOL