Today’s Top 5

cook1. Lost in the Supermarket: The Indie Rock Cookbook.

Andy, if you’re reading this: I desperately want this for Christmas. This cookbook sounds so freakin’ cool. There are everyday and gourmet recipes from bands like Fugazi, Belle and Sebastian, Japanther, Animal Collective, Pretty Girls Make Graves, the Mountain Goats, Sonic Youth… I can’t wait to have a dinner party and say I’m making Kim Gordon’s famous Turkey Pot Pie. hehe.

2.Dirty Dancing video game. Um, can we say AWESOME?! It hasn’t been released yet, but in this game you will be able to “experience the life of Baby, learn to dance with the resident dancing couple, Johnny and Penny, and work alongside the team at the renowned Kellerman’s Mountain House Resort.” I’m so there.

mustache3.The World Beard & Mustache Championship. You have gotta check this out. It’s too fabulous (in a Sound-of-Music/Oompa-Loompa kind of way).

4.Marc Jacobs shoes. shoeshoe3
I was just salivating over these at Zappos.com. The only problem is that MJ shoes usually go for 3-5 hundred dollars. Sigh.

5.FASHION WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pic
Starting Wednesday, let the fun begin.

17 Responses to Today’s Top 5

1. Arsheen says:

lucky you living in NY! we just had our mini-version last week, it aint no New York Fashion Week, but it’s getting there 😉 i covered the whole thing on our blog

2. Drusilla says:

I loved Dirty Dancing so much I even went and watched Havana Nights back in 2004- which wasn’t as awful as everyone else who saw it seemed to think. I’m just a sucker for things I can’t do, is all (in this case, dance). Plus, it had one of the boys from Y Tu Mama Tambien, and I loved Romola Garai in I Capture The Castle.
    And the Beard and Moustache championships are brilliant- a picture even came out in my local paper, the chap in it had a lot more prongs to his beard than the one here, though. And somehow I’ve always felt like beards are things that belong on grey/white-haired older men, it takes guys years to reach the levels of distinguishment or eccentricity that they need to carry it off.

3. NY Fashiion week should be a national holiday…..and foir that holiday everyone gets a pair of those Marc Jacobs shoes…the pink ones actually made my eyes well up with tears.

Oh jeez, I forgot about Fashion Week! Basphemy! I must keep tabs on it and check out everything. There’s a pair of Louie Vuitton shoes that I want to know if it’ll be out of style by next season. If not, then I’m gonna get a pair. If not, then it’s those Marc Jacobs shoes you were talking about. They’re so nice!

Dirty Dancing the video game? I’m not sure about that. I’m interested in reading reviews though.

that cookbook sounds so cool! Music and food – my favorites!
    oh and CANNOT wait for pictures of fashion week 😀

6. for each numero, I kept saying SHUT UP! Indie Rock Cookbook, dirty dancing video game, awesome punkish mj shoes, shut up shut up shut up, I want it all!!!! I think grey leather is hot, thats because I now own it. Rally though, grey has always been a favorite color of mine since childhood and it seems to always be in style, a new classic, if you will.

THE INDIE ROCK COOKBOOK!!? woah! that’s so awesome. i need it! and those mj shoes withe star and zipper, totally magical, haha

8. So wait. Did Katie Holmes enter the World’s Greatest Beard Contest?

9. Raisa says:

Those pink MJ shoes are to die for!
    so cute!
    and that moustache is hilarious!
    x

10. Heather says:

That is awesome and hilarious at the same time about the Dirty Dancing video game! I can’t wait! Ahhh, Fashion Week…one of my dearest friends from Miami is there to shoot photography. Have Fun!!!

omgomgomgomgomgomg!!!! i finished back talk!!!! dang!!! it was really good…..!

will discuss book more later. must sleep now.

12. I love those pink shoes,lately have been completely hung up on “Irregular Choice” shoes!
    Yay for fashion week,did you watch Tim Gunns guide to style? I adore Veronica Webb!

13. Too much sleep in my eyes! I meant Vanessa!

We just finished Fashion Week in San Francisco a week ago. It’s not nearly the same as New York- our fashion week is mostly “unknown” and local designers.
    From SF- Pants and denim, as well as the boho look, are out. Dressy is in, with skirts above the knee (even for evening wear). Loose fitting prints, Jersey dresses and leggings are also in season. Glam hats, gloves and slimming black are the fall style.
    It’ll be interesting if it’s the same in New York.
    Hugs to you, Alex

15. Glam Guide says:

Hehehe, you had me laughing so hard between the Dirty Dancing video game and the beards! The pink MJ pumps are 2die4.

16. penelope says:

tt’s such a fun cookbook!! now i want one too=p hehe!!
    ooh and thanks for d comment!!
    haha! tell me if yr hubby loved the scents!!
    love!

17. Jen says:

I love the marc jacobs shoes, they are so to die for!
    Hope life slows down for you a little, talk about hectic!