Tennis hotties

staffWhoa, not that guy! Eeew!!!

My parents are in town, so yesterday they took me & the sis to the US Open. I’m not really into sports, but seeing tennis live can be an adrenaline pumping blast—especially because 90% of all tennis pros are stellar hotties! pete

Since I was a little kid, I’ve always chosen a tennis hearthrob to fantasize about. My first love was Pete Sampras, back in the early-mid 90’s. Pete is one hairy mo’ fo’ (probably because of all that Greek heritage), but he always had a great smile and he seemed really nice. Oh, and over the course of his career he won, like, a hundred championships. Woo hoo, Pete!

timMy other absolute favorite was Tim Henman. Swoon. Yes, I have a thing for English guys. Henman is a total Kennedy (think Jon Jon). I’ll admit that he has stereotypical “British teeth,” but he’s still a fox, and he has buns of steel. I was beyond excited because we got to see him play at the Open yesterday. Apparently he’s about to retire—he’s 32 after all (old man river! haha).

We were sitting really close to the court so I tried to take a picture, but he still looks like he’s a mile away. Damn! But it was fun to be so close to the action. And it was a really amazing match. hen

But I think it’s safe to say I’ve found my next tennis hottie to swoon over. Just look at this Russian god. His name is Marat Safin.
Marat was in the first match of the day against a cute Canadian named Dancevic, but Marat won, kicking some major US Open Ass. God, can you imagine hitting a ball at 130mph? Me neither. Anyway, for those of you who enjoy a little eye candy, here you go. He’s like the McSteamy of the tennis world, no? Yummy.

shia/rhiaAnd in other HOTTTIE news: Shia LaBeouf and Rihanna? Hmmm. Is it true that my fave cutie is dating the fashionable songstress that made umbrellas (of all things) sexy? I’ve heard that it’s true, but then I also heard they’re “just friends.” Either way, I think they’d make a cute couple. I wonder if they call each other Shia and Ria. Awww!!!!

23 Responses to Tennis hotties

ooo tennis hotties! good post topic and good post in general.

my dad love tennis, but i lack the hand eye coordination and focus to play tennis, although i did have a brief resurgence of wanting to learn to play after seeing one of my fav romcoms, wimbledon hehe, i’m so impressionable! that lasted oh about 5 seconds, when i realized that you couldn’t “play” just after 5mn of training haha, screw that. i prefer to salivate over hunks from my seat, not literally salivate from stress on the court lol. plus all of the girls on my school’s tennis team are major bitchs…um no thanks! i’ve alwas loved andy roddick, in fact a few yrs ago i actually went to a charity tennis event in minneapolis just to see him! i mean it wasn’t that hard convincing my dad b/c like i said, he gets a subscription to “Tennis’ magazine!

and your comparison of marat is totally accurate, he is like McSteamy!

shia and ria- ohhh how cute…..sorry, i must leave to vomit. no just kidding, but how annoying would that get!?

HOTNESS! pete sampras is my fav – good taste! there’s something about greek guys…
    oh and I left something for you on my blog! 🙂

3. omg, that is one russian hottie. He can be your “the russian” a la Alexander Petrovsky only nicer and younger, much younger, and probably taller too. I will fill you in on japan’s next top model, its their own version but same format as america. Tyra (or one of her minions) was thinking ahead when they struck that license deal to reproduce the show in each country’s own version.

4. omg that last hottie is wonderful….love me the russian men!!!

also Shia, so cute…so so cute.

Ah, Sweet God. I thought I was done with having pathetic crushes on famous people, but…guess not.
    Hello there, Mr. Russian Tennis Man. I love you.

Haha! Tennis hotties. I never would’ve thought that. But yeah, that set of tennis pros are a good group of “McSteamys”.

Though I understand the sport hottie thing cuz I have a weird thing for cowboys/rodeo cowboys. Although I am from the south, I deny everything southern. Even when I was a kid, I never took up a southern accent cuz I thought it sounded weird (thats besides the point). But I’ve always like a rough and tough cowboy or farm boy. If I breeze past the ESPN channel and they’re showing a rodeo, I just watch for the cowboys. No joke.

7. Tiff says:

crap, you just made me drool on my computer. now THAT is some tennis goodness!

and now a letter to one of my all-time fav cuties:
    oh shia, why did you have to grow up so fast? i really feel like it was just yesterday as i watched you be goofball louis on ‘even stevens.’ then you were still a little cutie [and did an amazing job] in ‘the greatest game ever played.’ but then woke up one day and BLAM! you were…a man?? with muscles and slicked-back hair? are you having the typical ‘i’m not a kid anymore’ celeb crisis? please come out from under that umbrella and be my cute little goofy kid again. i miss you.

someone way too old to be a fan

8. Raisa says:

I used to play tennis until I got 14 (= It’s such a cool sport, i think is the only sport, with swimming, i enjoy.

Pete’s sure has a cute smile =). British guys have some special charm (= and i also love british accent.

sorry i didnt say – but yea u do pass it on to 5 more ppl!

I would love to see Serena and Venus play. And I’ve always liked Andre Agassi. As for Shia and Rihanna, that would be totally cool! I’m all for interracial love and Shia likes a little chocolate in his milk, then that’s fine by me. LOL.

and do not forget andy roddick! although he seems like a complete ass, he is completely gorge!

12. Lynne says:

Happy to see you are entertaining your parents! Tennis fans that they are!
    Nice website Alex!

Andy Roddick ftw. Total hawtness.

Shia and Rhia? Eew. Sorry, not into it, lol.

14. Marat is my favourite! You have good taste!

15. -ciao bella- says:

shia and ria– i just laughed about that for like 10 minutes no joke. anyways, i play tennis like all the time and marat safin is a complete god- he’s so good looking

16. Maya says:

We do have some pretty hot guys over here it has to be said, but Tim Henman? Not exactly who I would have in mind.

17. Marat is definitely adorable! After the whole “age of Love”(I know ,how low can my TV watching sink?) ick-fest with that other Tennis dude. The tennis world needs a new adorable icon!

18. SRR says:

Hehe…tennis hotties. Some of my friends were really into tennis players. When they’re all cleaned up for their GQ shots, they do look really good =)

After a long hiatus, I finally got back into watching the US Open these last 2 weeks. It’s pretty exciting! Pete Sampras is one of my all-time favorites. I love his serves and always tried to emulate it. I was lucky enough to get to watch him practice up close when I was in college. He looked even more awesome in person!

WAHAT? NO ANDY RODDICK?! FOR SHAME! Great post though. Tennis players do tend to be purty hot. Pete Sampras used to be so cute too, then as he got older something weird started happening to his face. I can’t explain it, but he morphed into something really strange the last time I saw him on TV somewhere.

Shia is on fire! This was the year he became a bona fide superstar! He can now date anyone he wants! OH HOW I HATE HIM. 😉

20. Samantha says:

I love tennis, the US Open in particular (with the exception of having to listen to/see Johnny McEnroe and listen to/see the incipid Tracy Austin!).

Marat looks gooood! Back in the day, I used to think Agassi was a cutie. It was amusing when he hooked up with Babs briefly, and then Brooke, and ultimately Graff (which I still can’t reconcile, but it works for them!)

21. andrew Karre says:

Alex, Alex, Alex . . . . Marat Safin is a choker and so 2001. You need a better contemporary pro crush. Perhaps you should follow your anglophilic tendencies to Scotsman Andy Murray. Or perhaps your sartorial sensibilities to Spanish man-capri maven Raffa Nadal. But not Marat.

22. Heather says:

Oh-my-gosh, you have no idea how in love with Shia I am. I actually just posted about the same thing today concerning he and Rihanna. LOOOOOVE him. 🙂