post-I-can’t-think-of-a-title-for

carbon Sadly it’s too hot to have much to say. I just spotted this T-shirt on style.com and was very excited to buy one. Sure they’re $50 , which is insane for a t-shirt, but they’re being sold to benefit carbonfund.org. The environment is an issue close to my heart, so I thought I’d bite the bullet (besides, it’s a mad cute t-shirt). But apparently they only made 150. Are they crazy? I mean, a cute T-shirt designed by Rag & Bone and Lancôme that’s for a good cause. Yeah, I think they shoulda made more.

dressSo then I went to revolveclothing.com and did a little shopping. I have really been wanting a new sun dress. I know, I know, summer is drawing to a close (how depressing is THAT), but there are still a few more weeks of unbearable heat. Anyway, how cute is this sun dress by Splendid? Everything Splendid makes is so soft and comfortable. And it’s reversible. Yeah, that’s right. I can’t tell you how excited I was about the prospect of a reversible sun dress. The reverse is an equally cute grey and white striped dress.

movieAnd to escape the heat, my sister and I went to see Stardust the other day. I had never seen a preview and had no idea what it was about, but I’m telling you, it was so good. It’s full of magic and fantasy, and the guy is cute. Well, not really cute, but kind of cute. Sienna Miller’s in it, but you’ll just have to look past that. Her role isn’t very big. And Claire Danes is good. I’ve loved her since My So Called Life (and remember I met her and had lunch with her once? I posted about that a long time ago, but it’s a highlight in my celebrity memories). badAnyway, I recommend the movie, if you’re looking for something to do. Though next on my list is most definitely Superbad. Oh yeah, baby.

Music I’m listening to: Cold War Kids. (I totally wanted to see them live, but they’re playing Madison Square Garden, and I refuse to see bands there. Too over hyped.) Tokyo Police Club. (fun indie rock). And Albert Hammond Jr. (from The Strokes. His album is really really good).

Have a good weekend, peeps!

28 Responses to post-I-can’t-think-of-a-title-for

So guess what I did today?
    Went down to Sephora, shopped around in that area a little…
    It started to pour, so I stopped into Barnes & Noble and asked the nice lady for a copy of Alex Richards’s “Back Talk”. Of course, inside I was screaming “I KNOW HER! At least, I know her Internet-wise!” But I was too cool to say that. Well, too shy.
    And I read the whole thing in the cafe with coffee, an Italian stratta and a buttercream cupcake.
    IT WAS GREAT! I am saying this in all honesty, not just because I read your supercalifragilistic blog and find it to be…supercalifragilistic. I found myself TOTALLY hooked and wondering what was going to happen with Subway Guy, Crystal the prostitute, Gemma’s spoiled sweetheart friends…and of COURSE, Gemma. Usually I’m kind of irked by teen lit (even though I do end up reading it) because the main character is nothing like any teenager on earth, but that was SO not the case with your book.
    Don’t be mad- I didn’t buy it, because I literally have zero cash flow right now. But I will be recommending it to everyone who crosses my path (cab drivers, deliverymen, street-corner hoboes, etc.)
    “Hey, have you read Back Talk by Alex Richards? READ IT. READ IT NOW. IT’S AWESOME. IT’S BITCHIN’. IT’S GROOVY.”
    P.S. I loved all the sporadic Heathers quotes throughout the book (I have been known to use “What’s your damage, Heather?” myself, and one of my friends CONSTANTLY uses the brain tumor thing), and the sneaky mention of potatoriot.com. I’m onto you, Richards. :^))
    So what’s it like to be a published author? I know that’s such a cliched, second-grade-book-report question, but it is my dream to walk into Barnes and Noble and see something I wrote on the shelves. Which means you are living my dream, you rock star.
    Thanks for writing such a kick-ass book. And no, I swear I’m not an Alex Richards groupie now, but…SEQUEL? SEQUEL? SEQUEL? Hey, this whole reading-the-author’s-blog-religiously thing is going to make sequel-hounding a whole lot easier. Just kidding. Probably.

2. Raisa says:

Ohmygod I didn’t know you had a book! I feel so ignorant now. I don’t know if they sell it here, but i’ll make sure i ask about it the next time I go to the library.

I love the dress and even more, the idea of it being reversible. That’s pretty rad.

#1: cute dress:)
    #2: i was skeptical about seeing stardust – but i may just have to go see it now
    #3: superbad looks HILarious!
    #4: love your blog
    #5: i didnt know about Albert Hammond Jr. – i love the strokes – im going to go look him up on itunes right now – i want some new music 😀

4. Jen says:

Love the tshirt I want one myself
    that last dress is so adorable alex 😉

ooo awesome t-shirt! since i’m trying to be all concerned and whatnot with the environment sounds like my kinda thing, but not only are they charginh 50 for it, but limited edition, ugg, probably some lame little environmental excuse about not wasting resources and fuel and crap..haha

dress is super cute and reversible! i’m all for reversible! but they’re so hard to find, i’ll def keep that line in mind 🙂

haha omg, stardust! amazing! and adult fantasy movie, i mean how many kids movies honestly say things like, “dunstan just hoped he could remember that magical night and move on with his life, but BECAUSE HE DIDN’T WEAR A CONDOM- HAHA DUMBASS, he had a special little gift of a baby 9 months later!” (ok the caps are my addition, but safe sex people!) that’s ok, the baby turned out to be a hottie haha. definitely awesome escapism- gay pirates, goats to men, ghosts of the stupid 7 brothers….

i LOVE albert hammond jr., it’s like a mellower version of the strokes, i’m addicted to ” call an ambulance”

6. rollergirl says:

Usually I hate charity T-shirts. I’ve honestly never seen a good one. People seem to think ‘oh put any old shit on a t-shirt, it’s for charity, people will buy it’ and it annoys me. I mean, it’s not so hard to make a NICE t-shirt is it? So I liked this one when I saw it mainly for the shape of it but anyway you can’t buy it in the UK and it’s limited edition. Hey ho…

7. Glam Guide says:

I love Splendid dresses, they are perfect for the heat! I’m still in the middle of reading “Stardust”, but I should be finished in a few days and can’t wait to see it. Glad to hear it’s good 🙂

8. Mrs Fashion says:

The t-shirt looks way cool actually (rollergirl was right above though!). Thanks for the movie tip-offs too!
    x

9. sara says:

I feel the same way about the environment, ever since LIVE EARTH I’ve been really careful, and I love how being environmental can be so stylish! I love that t so freaking much!

That sundress is like buying 2 in 1.

Super bad looks so good!

x sara o

I love Claire Danes. I feel she is under-appreciated as a performer. I saw the previews for Stardust, however, and wasn’t impressed– I might have to go anyway after reading your review.

11. -ciao bella- says:

adorable sun dress! oh my goodness- i may have to buy that one… anyways, moving on- maybe i’ll go and see stardust on your recommendation. and you had lunch with claire danes?? i love her! gosh you’re lucky

12. Oooh, I am so happy Emma loved your book! Yay! I want sequel too.

I want to see Stardust, I have heard great things besides your own glowy (I like glowy better than glowing, no) review. Friday was awful, I was ecstatic when it started to finally pour buckets and ran outside to enjoy it, well really I had to go get some vino so I was kind of forced but what a gorgeous nyc weekend!!!

13. Love that T-shirt!
    I hope I can find some time to see Stardust, must be a great movie!
    I’m so glad that Emma liked your book! I’m so curious to read it. Can I get it at Amazon.com?

14. CC says:

I’m such a sucker for those charity shirts…and what’s this about a book? I totally love to read

15. aww i loved Stardust too, it was so good.

STARDUST might just be a DVD movie for me. I do wanna see it, but I can wait till it’s out of the theaters. Ya know what? I think De Niro looks really really good for his age. How old is he again, 87? I mean, not bad. A handsome and terrific actor.

17. Oh I want to see Stardust, I love Claire Danes….I still weep for the loss of My So Called Life….and Jared Leto….he is such a sexy bastard

18. I’m obessed with the Strokes.
    I want to hear more about your meeting with Claire Danes!
    I’ve loved her since Baz’s Romeo and Juliet.
    I want that dress!

I’m a big environmentalist. I’ve been feeling guilty ever since I moved to my new house and haven’t had any time to seperate my plastics and cardboard, not to mention ording one of those recycling pick-up boxes for my house. I know, I’m silly.

Reversible comfy sundress sounds great! I must find some.

Hhhmmm… so you say that Stardust is good, eh? I’ll check it out after I see Superbad.

You met Claire Danes? Are you already completely famous in the US?

21. Erika says:

Hi Alex,

I work for Carbonfund.org. Lancôme is a great company. They came up with the amazing idea to create this cute shirt. The shirt generates awareness on climate change and sends proceeds to our carbon-offsetting projects.

Thanks for the plug-in! Come check our blog out at http://www.carbonfund.blogspot.com. You might also want to check these blogs out: http://eco-chick.com/?p=478, and http://ecorazzi.com/.

Best wishes,
    Erika

22. Sophie says:

i lvoe the carbon free shirt! cute!
    as for stardust, i have been meaning to go and see it, but have barely heard any reviews of it. so i might check it out.

Loved Stardust. I tihnk the lead dude is cute, too. He was in Casanova (again w/ Sienna Miller) and Heath Ledger. He seems to do quite well in period pieces. I think Claire-Bear did a great job, too.

24. Emma says:

I saw Stardust today. It was pretty cute, and beautifully made. The guy wasn’t all that good, but Michelle Pfeiffer was FANTASTIC. As usual.

25. Heather says:

Superbad is AWESOME!!! Wait until you see it, you’ll realize your life was not complete. I really dig Albert Hammond, Jr. too. You know who else I like? Thom Yorke – who I DID NOT realize is from Radiohead until recently. Cute dress, too. I need to find one quick for a rehearsal dinner coming up! Agh!

26. Samantha says:

Beyond cute dress and the fact that it’s reversible tends to legitimate the purchase, don’t you think? Or so I tell myself. And the fact that I just bought the perfect pair of silvery grey flats, similar to those pictured.

So this is what I’m going to do — bookmark it, lust after it for a day, and if I can’t transcend the “need”, I’ll order it. LOL

Thanks, Alex! 🙂

27. Raisa says:

=O I’m the 27th commenter =D=D=D

x

Stardust. I’m eerily intrigued by the whole WITCHY thing…

I was a die-hard Charmed fan, so I guess I’ll make the jump and check out the movie.

Stardust… how gay. I love it.

Besos