cooking and clothes

I love to cook, and it is my goal in life to make everything low fat, healthy, and nutritious. If YOU are interested in those things too, check out my quiche recipe. It kicks other quiche recipes’ asses:
quiche
* 1/2 cup of egg whites (Horizon sells them in little milk cartons)
* 1/2 cup of fat free milk or plain fat free soy milk (I drink soy milk because it lasts a million times longer than regular milk)
*1/2 pack of soft, low fat tofu (let it drain REALLY well on several paper towels, for at least 1/2 an hour)
* pre-made pie crust (because lets face it, making pie crusts is way too time consuming and frickin’ boring)
*ingredients of your choice. suggestions: cheese, broccoli, sun dried tomato, asparagus, basil, zucchini, spinach, mushrooms, onion …

Pre-heat the oven to 375. Pie shells are pre-cooked, but I like to throw it in for a few minutes first so the bottom doesn’t get all soggy when you put the filling in.

In a blender or food processor, mix the well drained tofu, the egg whites and the milk. Oh, and maybe throw in a little salt and pepper and nutmeg, or seasonings of your choice (garlic powder, oregano, basil …)

Layer your veggies/cheese in the bottom of the pie shell. It’ll be hot down by the oven, but I like to do it while the pie shell is already on the baking rack. That way all the stuff won’t slosh out of it when you’re fumbling to stuff it in the hot oven. So, put the veggies and cheese in the bottom of the pie shell, and then pour the egg mixture over it. It should fill up to the top, if you’re lucky. Sprinkle with a little more cheese, and cook for about 40 minutes. Emphasis on the “about.”

It’s super healthy and freaking delicious. I know it sounds obnoxiously healthy, but I swear you won’t miss the egg yolks and heavy cream from a regular quiche.

And now onto the clothes…
MJ
I am loving this layered Marc Jacobs stars necklace. I’m a sucker for stars. Aren’t layered necklaces so versatile? Brilliant.

dress
I would totally never wear this because it’s a bit too glitzy for the self-consciously shy, but I love it. It kicks Party Dress ass.

earrings
I’m pretty sure I had earrings just like this when I was a kid, but I don’t know what ever happened to them. I also have a feeling Emma or someone already posted about them a while ago, but I LOVE gold mesh!! It’s delish.

jacket
I want a leather jacket so badly. Damn you, leather, for being so expensive!! This one by Mike & Chris is $900. Dizzzamn.

Ok. That’s it. Thanks everyone for your sweet comments about my wedding. I really appreciate it. It was the most special fantabulous day of my life, and being married ain’t so bad either. lol.

Oh, and PS- I’ve made a painting/collage for a friend’s art show this weekend. If any of you are in NYC, you should come check it out. And don’t worry—you don’t have to say hi to me if you’re scared to break the anonymity of the bloggosphere. There will be enough other people there to blend. Here’s the scoop:

It’s an awesome show curated by Metro Color Collision.
It’s at CSV: 107 Suffolk (btwn Stanton & Rivington). There’s an opening this Saturday (Aug 11) from 6-9?.

The show is called “Let’s Bolt” (a My So Called Life reference) and all the pieces have to do with a show or concert that you wish you’d gone to, but missed. As soon as I heard about this I had to submit, because I have the BEST one ever.
Hope some/any of you can come!!!!!
xo

26 Responses to cooking and clothes

1. ambika says:

Wow, I don’t usually go for long necklaces but that Marc Jacobs version is awesome.

And your wedding dress is gorg. eous. I love the alterations you made–it’s much better than the runway version.

2. Jody says:

Did you just leave me a comment under the name of India? Do you know perplexed by that I am. I had to play detective skills but of course you were my first guess. Ha. I want to go to the art show! My mums and sis are coming up this weekend so Iwill see if they will let me squeeze it in. OH and I am so trying that quiche, I usually avoide quiche like I avoid F*ck and c*nt spewing dirty nasty NYC crazies but in this case since it is using low fat products and tofu, I am tempted

3. OMG I wish I could go….you need to at least post a picture of your collage painting

xoxoxo

4. I’ve been such a horrible blog slacker. I LOVE your wedding pics. Girl, you looked amazing. That dress is so beautiful. I love the first pic where your leg is kicked up. Oh, too cute. I wish you a lifetime of love & laughter.
    I LOVE that dress in todays post. Would it be too much for RWA Nationals next year? ha. And is a year enough time to get Linda Hamilton arms?

Just looking at that QUISH made me drool and scratch my nutz. I lurve me some food and QUISH is one of them. Fucking yummo…

Yeah, and another thing… your wedding dress was beautiful. You WORE that dress honey (that was my obligatory “gay talk”).

I swear I don’t talk like that…

Besos

yummy! i looove quiche! thanks, much apprecited 🙂

love the necklace, very quirky, whimsical, and fun 🙂 and i can’t get enough of that dress, it totally grows on you!

7. sara says:

OMG your wedding was GORGEOUS! The dress was very chic, classic, and at the same time modern, and those SHOES!!! You looked so pretty, and those bridesmaids dresses are some of the best I’ve seen.

x sara o

ooh ive been coveting a leather jacket too but theyre soo damn expensive!
    the prince albuks alright
    the first time i heard it i was like nooo what IS this shit??
    but it does grow on you
    it takes effort though
    one track, chelsea rodgers, is fantastic!

9. Jen says:

that’s such a different take on a gold dress fabulous I also love the marc jacobs necklace he’s such a genious.

10. That quich looks amazing, I have to try it!
    I’m in love with that leather jacket, wow!

11. hannah says:

that necklace is gorgeous, and so is that dress. you have excellent taste.

i would love to see a picture of your collage! and i want that leather jacket!

i love trying new recipies, so i may just try out that quiche! and i love soy milk too – i get the vanilla for cereal 🙂

13. kk says:

ahh! i have the same hope that all i make will be lo-fat.
    thanks, i will try out the recipe

14. Mrs Fashion says:

I love stars, sparkle and quiche!
    Wish I could make it to the gallery…
    x

15. shaira says:

yo chicky-pie. I feel like I may not be anonymous enough to comment on your blog. i think you should make me that quiche later this week, by the way. also, i agree you look hot in that dress, but i told you that in june. though, what i haven’t told you is that your dress is WAY better than the designer’s original. such ingenuity, my dear.

MMmmm… quiche…. yummy!

Love those earrings!

I wouldn’t wear that dress either. It’s got too much flash in it, but I like the way it looks.

17. kayla says:

food and clothes ahh what a great mix. The quiche looks YUMMMMMMY!
    P.S.Check out my latest post!

18. Hi !! How’s your life married ?? =D
    Nice earrings, i got a Swatch with the same elements, but in bronze.

19. G.G. says:

Fabglam picks! That leather jacket makes me weak in the knees.

20. Jen says:

would you believe i’ve never had a quiche hehehe

21. Gloria says:

The first thing I ever tried to make from scratch was a quiche! (which I documented on my blog) And the second was a chili (which I made 2 days ago) And I’m definitely going to try yours !

22. Raisa says:

I’m totally in love with the black jacket. It’s so cute. Also Love the earings, metallics earrings are great. IF I has the money and if Marc jacobs stuff was sold here, I’d buy that necklace inmediately =)

x

23. -ciao bella- says:

gold dress= genius. leather jacket= drool worthy. quiche= probably my favorite thing on the planet. lovely post, i’d love to trade links

24. I love layering neclaces!!! …and I loved My So Called Life!

I never posted about those, but I wish I had because they ROCK MY WORLD. Yes, I just said that. I love that slippery, awesome chain-mail material.

26. SRR says:

Mmm…the quiche looks delicious!

And so do the clothes.