Today’s Top 5

Okay, first of all, I’m a dumb-ass. La Petite Fashionista tagged me with that “7 Things About Me” thing that’s been going around, and I suddenly remembered that I’d already been tagged. I’m retarded, what can I say. So I decided to do a Top 5 list instead—another one of my favorite pastimes…

1. My HUSBAND!!!!! hehehe. It still sounds funny to say that.andy

2. Summer in NEW YORK CITY!!! There is no better place than this for summer entertainment. If I didn’t get seasick so damn easily I would totally take the water taxi to a Mets game. And there’s Shakespeare in the park, and summer concert series’ (Andy and I met at a free Yo La Tengo concert in Prospect Park 5 years ago), and free movies! What’s better than a free movie in the park? Nuthin’, that’s what. Oh, man. My heart is pounding just thinking about all this summertime awesomeness.

dress3. BCBG. I go back and forth with BCBG, but I am really digging them right now. I wore this pretty green halter dress to my rehearsal dinner. It is so cute. And Andy bought me 2 adorable dresses for my birthday, but I can’t find pictures of them online (hmmm… maybe they’re knock offs… just kidding, boo.) Oh, wait, I do have a pic of one of them, but it’s kind of hard to see:

4. movie AFI’s Top 100 Movies. I LOVE movies, so I find those AFI lists endlessly fascinating. Last night we rented Doctor Zhivago (#39 on the Top 100). Okay, so maybe I fell asleep after 2 & a half hours (it’s 3 hours and 17 minutes long, for christs sake!), but it was good. Really good. Okay, not as good as I thought it was going to be. Julie Christie, although beautiful, is not the world’s best actress. But that’s ok. The cinematography kicked ass. And it’s an interesting slice of history. Next I think I’ll rent Sunset Boulevard.

cookie 5. Insomnia Cookies. Can this be real? Am I dreaming? No, no. There really is a company that will deliver cookies to your doorstep ALL NIGHT LONG! I’ve yet to try this unbelievable godsend/service, but I’m definitely enticed. (I bet Emma is too, hehe!!) But seriously: What will they think of next?

Oh, and PS-I’m still hounding wedding photog about the pics. I will def. post them when I have ’em.

29 Responses to Today’s Top 5

1. andy says:

MMMM… smoothies. And wives! Did I mention you look HOTTT in that dress? (Licks finger and air-sizzles in your general direction). I’m ready for the second honeymoon already.

Oh, and if I hear the doorbell in the middle of the night, don’t think you are keeping your cookie deliveries secret!

2. lauren says:

bcbg dresses are amazing.. i dk what it is about them that makes you feel instantly glamorous when you put them on! i’m really wishing there was one of those cookie companys at my college!
    thank you for the list !

Is that hubby? OOOOOOOOOOO I’m jealous! You married a hot one!

insomnia cookies???
    ANOTHER reason to move to new york!

Alex R., you have read my soul like a poster. The minute I saw that Insomnia Cookies thing I was like “Oh God, why didn’t I KNOW ABOUT THIS?” It was so totally created for college kids with the munchies, or just all-hours cookie-lovers like moi. Thanks for enlightening me to it…I’m sure the # will become a part of my speed dial before long.
    Your husband is so cute! The two of you are adorable. Which is such a boring thing to say to newlyweds. But you are. Adorable, that is, not boring.

6. Mmm, i’m adicted to cookies with nestlé milk
    Welcome again!!

Said: Dianita Coronado

7. right now you are on my top 5…just sayin.

I was just in BCBG yesterday and thinking that I was once again being wowed by them.

8. Dilemma says:

Insomnia cookies!! Too bad they don’t have stuff like that for those of us not in college. Actually…they have one at Penn State, so maybe I could sneak into a dorm late at night and pretend to be a busy college student. That could definitely work….or not.
    Mainly I wanted to comment and say CONGRATS ON YOUR MARRIAGE!
    You better post pictures as SOON as you get them.

I need an insomnia cookie. Lol.

10. Jen says:

that’s such a cute picture of you and your husband!

11. Mrs Fashion says:

Gosh, that list of must-see movies goes on, and on, and on. Currently have a huge stack of ones waiting to be watched – The Way We Were is at the top of the pile…
    And ‘husbands’? Always at #1…
    Mrs F x

12. The dress is waaaay cute. Of course we can trade links, your blog is fabulous : )

ok, this is slightly embarassing to write, considering it looks like andy reads this, but he’s really cute! you two look adorable in that pic!

i am ridicuously jealous of all of the fun social activities in NYC! Shakespeare! Movies in the park! I hate you! I was actually reading an article about the things hipsters do in Minneapolis/St. Paul, i was laughing out loud, thinking “good joke! MN cool? nice one…”, then again i’m not a 20-something bar hopping in slutty clothes, but we have nothing nearly as friendly for all ages as you do….ugg, i’ll just have to call up that cookie place now and make sure they send you cookies at random obnoxious intervals in the morning….see alex, letting everyone know about insomnia cookies was a dangerous move! i will just have to cookie-stalk you now, then again you may like it haha, just kidding.

BCBG- alas, i am at odds with this flirty and cute brand! every single time i’ve tried to wear it to events about 50 other girls (ok, more like 2 others, but it mine as well have been 50!) have the exact same dress. but they come in such great colors and patterns and flattering shapes, it’s almost irresistable. plus when you go to your cousin’s bat mitzvah in the middle-of-nowhere PA, no one can have it, and you look the best! hehe

aww! the first picture is ADORABLE! reminds me of archie comics. can you believe that citizen kane was number one on AFI? i was utterly shocked.

16. Jody says:

Oh My, you read my mind!!! I was totally going to post about insomnia cookies tomorrow. I had some on Tuesday and they are TO DIE FOR. For real yo, I am not even kidding. They are so so so YUM. Warm and chewy and just a big ‘ol slice of heaven in a cookie. I would totally stay up every night for them.

17. Jen says:

I’ve linked you, link me back;)

18. Carissa says:

Handsome husband, I must say.

19. My hubs and I are coming up on 14 years,and I NEVER tire of calling him “my husband” !Oh and YOUR local Shakes in the Park,beats mine,ofcorse,I have actually been in MY shakes in the park!

20. !!!!! says:

i doo love top five lists

oh how i want to go to college in NYC! your description of new york city in the summertime reminds me of regina spektor’s “summer in the city”. I envy you!

22. Love the smoothie picture, and you in the dress, and yes, you and Andy are adorable. The thing about the cookies is, are they really good cookies? What if you were so looking forward to them and then they were ick? Worth a try, for sure!

Yer hubby is so cute! Maybe I should start dating science-y type guys instead of the artsy ones that I’ve been bagging in the past, um, all my life.

That’s a great BCBG dress. Max Azria is one of my faves. I love almost everything he puts out. My other fave designer is Isaac Mizrahi and probably a few more if I think of them.

Insomia cookies?! What a genious idea! I wish I would’ve thought of that kind of business before they did. I’d be rolling in dough instead of being stuck in a cubicle all day.

oooh both of those dresses are bootyful!!!!:D

25. Jen says:

Blog girl;)

You’re so snidge. And your beloved? Good job Alex *does cheesy thumbs up*
    Between yours and Emma’s posts you’ve made me want to live in NY. If I had access to cookies round the clock, I’d be really obese. Or dead.

Re: The first one has very Addison Montgomery Shepherd hair. Addison Montogomery Shepherd might be the most excellent name ever. I love it.

27. I didn’t know you were back! Cookies 24/7, OMG, that’s incredible! I’m so jealous. Only a few more days til our books come out! 🙂

28. Maya says:

I actually have dreams about a world where cookies are delivered at all hours and people live in tall towers with their heads permanently blue because they are in the sky all the time. I never knew this land was NY.

Insomnia cookies sound great but… if I ordered them, I’d be asleep by the time the doorbell rang. That’s wicked medicine.