Today’s top 5

1) My mom. Happy mother’s day!

uglies2)UGLIES by Scott Westerfeld. It’s sort of YA Sci-Fi about a bizarre futuristic utopia in which everyone has an operation at 16 to become beautiful. Sounds great… or does it? muah-hah-hah!!! And it’s a total cliffhanger so you’ll want to immediately go out and read the 2 sequels: PRETTIES and SPECIALS.

3) YouTube. What did we do before YouTube? I know Alanis Morrisette’s My Humps video is old news, but I still watch it every once in a while. It’s just SO damn funny. And my friend just showed me Brokeback To The Future last night, which is also freaking hilarious if you haven’t seen it.

4) Green is the new Black. Everyone is on the eco-friendly vibe, and I’m lovin’ it!!

fuzz5) Andy and I saw Hot Fuzz this weekend, and it was hilarious! (ok, it got a bit slow from time to time, but over all it was friggin’ hy-larious.)

18 Responses to Today’s top 5

1. Emma says:

i LOVED uglies.

I read the entire trilogy, then went to read practically all of Scott Westerfeld’s novels. He has a whole bunch and lemme tell ya, they ROCK.

Green…hehe

3. oh, I am totally intrigued by uglies…

4. My HUMPS! I still watch it at least once a week, it is just that funny.
    I am jumping on the Uglies bandwagon, you sold me.

Green > Black

definitely loved my humps! i posted on it once 🙂

Uglies is such a great book. I’ve never gotten interested in Westerfield until someone told me the premise of the story, then I was hooked.

The pressure for people to become eco-friendly is more apprent today than it ever was. I learned a lot about it from college to see it all within a company/corporation standpoint and a citizen’s standpoint (ah, business majors). I could rant about it, but I’ll do that elsewhere. I do highly support it though.

Your top 5 is awesome.

You know in England, we have a diff. Mother’s day to you…I’m pretty sure it’s in March. I wonder why that is. I don’t think we YA either…unless it’s part of the collective that Meg Cabot belongs to. Oh mother of god, do you know Meg Cabot?! I used love the dorkyness of the princess diaries when I was like 12. If you know her, could you tell to stop writing them now because she’s ruining it?
    …I’ve totally drifted off topic. Sorry =)

Uh oh. UGLIES may just become a movie now, since Hollywood is always looking for new ideas.

What was life like before YouTube? WHAT WAS LIFE LIKE WITHOUT THE INTERNET PERIOD! Amazing how we all survived fine when it wasn’t even around, but getting it taken from us now would be horrendous!

9. Brittany says:

oh my god! that alanis video is too funny for words!

10. Ok, I’m going to have to go get the books. I eat books for breakfast, so this will be nice. 🙂 I also would be lost without YouTube. I might cancel my cable and just watch YouTube all the time. Wanna come over?

11. seb says:

I can’t wait to see Brokeback to the Future, seems like a classic…

I saw Hot Fuzz, quite a fun movie, I liked the shootout at the end, good, crazy movie although I preferred Shaun of the Dead.

12. I’m a Sophie Kinsella fan myself, but those Scott Westerfield books sound interesting. I’ll have to check those out. Thanks for putting that out there.

LOL. Someone posted a link to that in a blog post and I went to check it out. I totally love her version! And I was laffing the whole time, of course. I’ve loved Alanis for, like, EVER, and thought her version was very interesting. I liked it. And so did my hubby.

14. Kelly Parra says:

I haven’t tried the UGLIES yet, but hear it’s good! I’m reading Holly Blacks’ Tithe, and it’s going great!

oh my sweet yams i loved the trilogy!!!!!! my entire school has read the series at least twice, and i still love it! woohoo!

i hadnt seen the alanis morris video before now, and omfg i was “hy-larious”!!!!!

16. Tiff says:

DID YOU KNOW?!?! Oh, sorry to shout. But this is exciting…I think. Scott Westerfeld wrote a FOURTH book for the Uglies trilogy. Crap, now it’s not a tirlogy. Um…the Uglies quartet? Anyways, it is called ‘Extras’ and comes out in October. Rock on.

Can’t wait to read your book! 😉 Also, congrats on the wedding!

17. Tiff says:

OMG, that humps parody is frickin hilarious. and comments like this just make me laugh even more:

natalbutt323 (8 hours ago) marked as spam
    ti would be better if the orginal my humps hadnt come out

but this is a parody.