Disturbi-yeah!

shiaOMG, guess who my new husband is… Shia LaBeouf! Wait, let me rephrase that—I saw Disturbia last night and it was kind of awesome and now I’m hot for Shia LaBeouf. Yeah, that makes more sense.

He’s so cute! I think I’m gonna start calling him ‘boofy. Or Shi-shi. I had no idea we were in love until about 20 minutes into the movie when suddenly I saw how deep and tortured he was. Or, wait, maybe that was just his character. Does it even matter? He was HOTTT!

I thought I was going to hate Disturbia–even the word “disturbia” is so obnoxious (only because i didn’t think of it).

It’s a modern day Rear Window (which, by the way, is an Alfred Hitchcock masterpiece). The original RW is about a guy who’s housebound because he broke his leg. Lucky for him he’s got a pair of binoculars, murderous neighbors, and a seriously hot girlfriend (Grace Kelly).

Disturbia is basically the same, except instead of a broken leg, he’s under house arrest—which is kind of better, because he can kick ass and not just whine and fall over in his wheelchair. Oh, and the obvious addition of technology. Hitchcock didn’t have camera phone or a digital video camera.
yoo
My man ‘boofy is very charming as the lead, Kale (I love that name, btw). The dialog is cheesy, but there are clever lines, too. Also, his sidekick BFF is totally adorable. (Okay, so he’s a stereotypical “Asian stoner-dude,” but he’s cute and good for comic relief.) And of course there’s a “hot chick” but I think she looks like a 16 year old Heather Mills, which is a little on the creepy side. She’s not a good actress, but the role requires swimming in a bikini and teasing Kale, so how good does she need to be, honestly?

All-in-all, Disturbia was an enjoyable, predictable flick. I have always been a sucker for voyeuristic themes. There’s something so cool/spooky about spying, right? Or do I sound like a stalker now. LOL!! There were no “twists” which I found kind of refreshing (coughcoughM.NightShyamalancough). And there was a lot of ridiculously eye-roll-worthy techie moments (“Wait, can we zoom in on that?” and suddenly they can see inside someone’s mouth from 100 yards away.) That said, it was still fun, and I thought it was scary. Well, not “scary” scary, but “thriller” scary.

Annnywayyyy…. Disturbia rocked—purely for mindless entertainment. And it was a good excuse to look at hot boys and eat popcorn.

21 Responses to Disturbi-yeah!

1. Sounds like popcorny fun, I might have to check this one out when the DVD is released and ditto on m.nightwhatever twists.

2. Zee says:

Alex,
    Thanks for the review. It sounds yummy. The popcorn and the hot guys!

well, iwouldn’t say it was a fantastic movie, it was pretty good. and i agree, not scary, but more thriller.

4. Emma says:

I remember babysitting for some kids who were watching A Very Special Disney Production starring Shia Lebouf as a mentally ill teenaged boy.
    My, how they grow…
    may I just quote you? “I had no idea we were in love until about 20 minutes into the movie.”
    HAHAHAHA. Alex Richards, thou art funny.
    I love Rear Window and Grace Kelly.

5. Emma says:

Oh, and because I am the proverbial dumbass, I forgot to mention in my earlier comment- yeah, I watched ANTM. Even though I love Jael, I was ok with seeing her go. Maybe because she had outlived her usefulness in the house. Maybe because she had learned everything she could from Tyra & Co. Maybe because…she’s BATSHIT CRAZY.
    “I will protect them from the evil ducks of the universe”?
    v. funny shit, but I don’t think I could have handled six more weeks of Jael.

6. Oh, Alex. Poor, diluded, sad Alex. I hate to be the one to tell you this, but Shia is madly in love with ME! I know that your heart is broken but you’ll move on. I’m so sorry that you didn’t see the signs, 1) his character’s name was Kale which rhymes with Hale (you didn’t really think that was a coincedence, did you?) 2) He “acts” like he’s into that girl next door because he had to, but all that deep stuff about her being a bookworm and how she wonders why the world isn’t in order like her books. Um, yeah, he was totally talking about me. 3) when he was giving her serious tongue action I could just tell he was really thinking about me (some girls just know these things.
    Now I’m sorry things didn’t work out like you’d planned, but soon the twins from the Suite Life will be all grown up and you can take them on. 🙂
    xo,
    Steph
    ps- it wasn’t really a twist but the “twinkie” scene kind of surprised me!

7. shari says:

That movie kicked ass. 🙂

8. sara says:

I like his look a lot. But I have to admit he wasn’t very funny on SNL.
    Have to see that movie.

WHAT?! shia’s cheating on me? WITH ANOTHER GIRL NAMED ALEX?!?!?!?!?! nuh-uh girlfriend, hes mine. back off.

😛

oh yeah and im gonna see MY man in disturbia tonight….. NA NA NA NA NAHHH NAH!

11. Can’t wait to see this movie.

AND, I’m totally going to steal your “husband” since you’re already engaged to SOMEONE ELSE!!!

🙂

Ive loved Shia ever since he was on that disney show Even Stevens. Pretty sure he’s mine 🙂

13. shari says:

And wasn’t he in that movie, “Holes” ?

14. I can’t believe the way you women are objectifying poor shi-shi. It’s absolutely wonderful. 😀

15. Glam Girl G says:

Hot guys? did someone say hot guys?
    Now wait a minute I want in on that action…

16. I also loved Even Stevens, Modern Marie. I actually loved “Beans” the most, and his love for bacon, Shia was an extra added bonus.

I’m not sure if it’s okay for a woman in her late twenties to admit that.

Who cares, he’s hot. (Shia, not beans…)

Shia has to grow on me a little longer. No seeing his “hotness” just yet. He looks a lot like Corey Feldman.

18. KATY says:

Disturbia was excellent, and the same exact thing happened to me! I have never been attracted to him, but after seeing that movie, and throughout I was like WHOA! When did he get so hottt?!

19. Okay, so I just got back from Disturbia. Wow. I want to make out with him. Now.

20. Shep says:

Off topic – still want to add you to the dream blog thing (‘member?) but need an email address to send the invite too (damn Blogger.com). x

I really want to see the movie. I remember this kid when he was a child actor (I guess he still is) back in the late 90’s? He had one of those Jew fros and I thought he was completely annoying.

The movie does look okay though.

Besos