new dress, new shoes… need advice!!

For Christmas my mom got me this Catherine Manaldrino dress that made me look like an Amish prostitute, so I returned it. Now I have a store credit at Active Endeavors and I’m thinking about getting one of these dresses, but I can’t decide. Everything’s so freaking expensive these days!

Also, I’m getting married in June (only 2 months away–holy shit!) and I’m trying to pick out uh-mazing, gasp-worthy wedding shoes to go with my awesomely fabulous unique stunning fun flirty dress. The dress is kind of short (midcalf) so I’ll definitely be able to rock some killer heels for all to see. I have been searching like crazy and love all of these, but I know you fashionable biatches out there must have ideas too. So please share your thoughts and inspire me!!!
ps- how much do I love that Cesare Paciotti photo? It’s so ANTM.

(Miu Miu’s in white, not black)

27 Responses to new dress, new shoes… need advice!!

1. ashley says:

i like the second dress and the miumiu shoes 🙂

2. crystaljade says:

I like the second dress too… To be honest, I like the ones with the black bows… Btw, congratulations.

3. I am gooing to break with the pack and say I like the first dress, red is good, don’t be afraid…

also, go with the shoes with the bows, cute, sexy…good for a wedding.

I am intrigued by the thought of an Amish Prostitute….maybe you should have saved that dress for the honeymoon, freak out your new hubby with bizarre Amish sex games.

4. Jody says:

I like the second dress but I think it could look unflattering on some body types. I think the first dress is great too. The shoes with the bows would be perfect for a fun flirty chic wedding dress.

I say the red dress too, even though the black is divine. The black has an expiry date because of the tulip shape, and would be harder to wear while the red is pretty much timeless.
    I am known for my tendency to suggest http://www.matchesfashion.com for every fashion-related emergency. Because they’re brilliant. But Kurt Geiger is brilliant for shoe emergencies also.

6. ohh . .tough decisions! i like the black dress and the miu miu shoes or christian loubitans. now i wanna go buy a pair of mary janes. love your blog too!

7. Dona says:

I *love* the red dress and if I had the legs to pull that off, I would totally get it. As for the wedding shoes, I’m all for showing off toes in a June wedding, so I would go with either the peep-toe white platforms, or get a pair of sparkly silvery-white sandals.

BTW, great movie list, Alex. I completely forgot about Office Space…one of my faves (I live it every day!!!)

8. Ellen SB says:

I vote for the black-white one to the right, fabulous! And I love patent shoes for the summer, it is a cool way to dress up when going out!

aww, congrats on your soon-to-happen wedding!
    for real, if i could get married in those patent shoes (in white) i would marry peewee fucking herman.

10. Glam Girl G says:

Hey Alex, congrats on your upcoming wedding. I am leaning towards the black dress, black and white is always so classy. Definately the shoes with the bows, I heart them.

11. S. says:

I like both dresses. Did you try them on?

I love the idea of a mid calf wedding dress! You have got to show us!!! I’m so dying to see it. I know you’ll make a great shoe choice.

12. Emma says:

UPCOMING, that’s the word i was trying to think of. congrats on your UPCOMING wedding. i just read it in glam girl g’s comment and realized that’s what i meant to say, not “soon-to-happen”.
    i don’t know why that’s relevant.
    but there you have it.
    i can be a bit batshit.

13. Amy says:

I like the white dress, but only if you do that pose everywhere you go…subway…waiting for take-out sushi…getting a manicure…

Ahhh, I see the eggs now. Nice.

15. molly g. says:

the sceond white shoe is amazing.. it looks similar to the one is use three years ago for my 15th birthday.. (it was my mother’s..)
    cya,
    +molly g.+

16. shortie says:

Congrats on your upcoming marriage, LOVE the shoes. 🙂 Thanks for visiting. I usually blog more and was once at anohter site where I was more involved in blogging. I’m trying to get back in the swing of things ;). Cheers!

17. Gryphon says:

I love the ones with black ribbon trim! I think the lining is what drew me in… there’s just something charming about hidden surprises like contrast pattern linings.

18. Gryphon says:

Sure, the link is up.

19. Eritia says:

I like House the show… but I don’t hate his character.. it’s hard to hate him or like him. thanks for the comment!

20. sara says:

I like the second dress the best. The first was is okay but nothing really special about it. The second one is more one of a kind. and Oh my gosh, married? that’s really exciting from weddings I usually see it’s more of white high heel open toe or sandel kind of thing like the ones in the ad. But I do like the white miu mius, only I don’t how they would look with a mid calf dress i think their more for pants or pencil skirts.

I’d have to say go with the black shoes, and those white ones with the little black bow thingy. While I don’t pride myself on knowing everything about women’s wear (I’m gay but not GAY), I do know that those shoes are gorgeous…

Had no idea you were preparing to get married so a congratulations is in order. CONGRATULATIONS LUSCIOUS!! Your paramour is one lucky dude.

Besos

isn’t it though? the actual Matches shop is the one of nicest clothing stores.
    Out of curiousity as a film student, I just watched one of your films, The Experiment 2? I think my favourite part was when your friend starting beating the crap out of the zombie while the opera was playing over it. It was a beautiful moment.

oooh the black and white dress was adorable! and for the shoes i would go for the Miu’s or the ones with the tiny black boes! super cute with a short-ish dress! you have to post a picture of your dress! im intrigued (cant spell)! 😀

24. Bows for shoes and the black dress kicks serious ass. I fuckin’ love it and I don’t do dresses. 🙂

25. shari says:

I like it ALL.

26. Haute Girl says:

i love them all too

27. Dave Evanns says:

“made me look like an Amish prostitute”

Do these really exist? I would imagin them being pretty reserved.