Very cool things.

bowieDavid Bowie RULES! I was just reading about the High Line Festival that he’s putting together, and it looks so friggin’ cool I think I might pee in my pants! Arcade Fire, Air, Deerhoof, the Polyphonic Spree, the Secret Machines, Ricky Gervais–holy shit! That’s a lot of good bands! (and comedians, performers, movies etc. as well). Not that I’ll probably see any of them, because a) I’m not really into seeing shows at big huge over-populated venues like Madison Square Garden, and b) even if I did, how much do you think the tkts are gonna cost? Mucho dinero, I’m guessing. But the High Line park looks so cool. Can’t wait to party there next summer. woo hoo!

fro yoTasti D-Lite. Because if it didn’t exist I’d just be eating ice cream, and my hips don’t lie after I’ve had a pint of Häagen-Dazs. Besides, spring is here and they have all kinds of funky flavors like PB&J (gross!) and cookies n’ cream (yumm!).

dressI need (okay, I don’t need it, just want) a new spring dress. I hate the brand name “T-bags” for some reason, but I think some of their stuff is cute and so comfortable. You can feel pretty but not overdressed.

Thank-God-For-Sample-Sales!! And I quote: “Can’t afford a new YSL dress? Or Valentino shoes? Stop at the City Opera Thrift Shop’s Vintage Preview. (5–8pm).” or “Need another excuse to shop? The Elie Tahari sample sale begins today with discounts up to 80 percent off.” Amen to THAT!

11 Responses to Very cool things.

yeah.
    i worship you.
    sample sale? I AM SO THERE.
    wait. crap. i missed it. DAMNIT WHY DIDN’T I CHECK YOUR BLOG EARLIER??? now i need to console myself with a veritable hot tub full of ice cream. and my hips will not be lying, either.

retail shopping therapy? great minds think alike, or something, cause after school yesterday i raided forever 21 and got some new springy clothes! and you’re right, peanut butter and jelly ice cream?! BLEH!!!! 😀

Shopping just keeps sounding better and better. I miss it. What is shopping?!?

Just kidding.

I just haven’t gone in so long…*sigh*

That dress is adorable, btw. If you can wear it (aka your shape allows–mine does not) than I say GO FOR IT!

4. Dona says:

SAMPLE SALE!!!!!! Dammit Alex, you are a lucky girl to be around these things. Here in Nerdville (Seattle, WA) we only have software sales 🙂

5. Audrey says:

Arcade Fire, Air, Deerhoof, and The Polyphonic Spree are SO awesome. I’m incredibly jealous. Makes me wish I lived in New York.

6. Kelly Parra says:

That dress is too cute! I always think I’m going to indulge in buying a cute dress, but sadly I’m a jeans and sweats kind of a girl. 🙂 🙂

7. Amal says:

the dress is simply adorable! I will definitely be picking up your book as soon as I finish the one I’m on now! Sample sale!!! I just ran into one yesterday in Soho! How fun. PB&J ice cream is gross, and I think that for the next week and a half I will be pondering the thought of how they created a frozen jelly flavor. YUCKKK!!

8. Angela says:

Love the very cool things list. Thanks for taking part in my debate. Your book looks really interesting. Congratulations on getting published!!

9. Amal says:

Sounds great! I will be reading your book as soon as it comes out, seems exciting! Sure, I’ll exchange links with you – it’s alexrichards.org, right?

“Because if it didn’t exist I’d just be eating ice cream, and my hips don’t lie after I’ve had a pint of Häagen-Dazs…”

I can literally have a love-affair with anything ice cream. While I don’t have hips (I’m a hot, manly dude…) I must beware of the pot belly I’ve started to retain of late…

Bowie does rock. Just glancing at the dude screams talent. Can’t wait to read your book also. Heard bits and pieces of how you’re a writer, and being an avid writer myself (nothing published) I can surely appreciate anything you may have to offer…

Besos

11. Charlie says:

Hey Alex,

Your website is as cool as a poodle.

Hey my Mom has raincoat like the ones you show. Does that make my Mom cool?

I don’t see enough info on dogs. Don’t you like them?

Charlie