Who’s the dummy now?

Um, it’s me (for having seen this movie).
dead suckyOver the weekend I went to see Dead Silence. It was Dead Sucky. I didn’t mean to see it. Seriously. We wanted to see something else, but it was sold out, and we’d walked all the way down to 42nd street and were really in the mood for a movie… blah blah blah.

Everybody knows ventriloquist dummy’s are mad scary. This movie did NOT change my opinion of that. It’s just that it was so dumb. If I got an unmarked package at my doorstep and opened it to find a creepy dummy in a coffin, I would NOT put it on my bed and play with it! I would throw it out the f*cking window and run screaming! But I guess that’s just me.
guyThe lead guy was pretty cute, though. Some of you might remember him from the “critically acclaimed” (by blind monkeys) WB show Summerland. But just cuz you’re hot doesn’t mean your movie’s gonna be good, okay guy?
amberSpeaking of hot, Amber Valletta was in it, too. She wasn’t totally bad… let’s just say it’s a good thing she’s a frigging super model and has another career to fall back on.

I’m sure none of you were planning on seeing this movie, but just in case: DON’T!! It was so boring, predictable, and just plain dumb-dumb-dummy. Even Donnie Wahlberg sucked, and I kinda like him! (Anyone remember him in 6th Sense? He got naked in Bruce Willis’s bathroom and shot himself? It was a 5 second scene, but he was good.)

Oh, and in case any of you don’t already know: toy clowns are friggin’ terrifying!!

ps-I did walk by a shoe store on my way home and tried on the Nanette Lepore Keds. They didn’t have my size, but I’m so getting them. They’re awesome.

18 Responses to Who’s the dummy now?

Damn, that sux. I really thought it would be cool. Those dolls always get me, but if the story is wack, any fear I might have goes right out the window.

Love the thumbs down photo. I’m always on 42nd street. Maybe we’ll bump into each other someday. How sweet would that be??

Besos

what critic acclaimed supernatural?
    jesus christ and a bike.
    that show sucks.

nanette lepore keds?
    i’m thinking something right now, and it rhymes with “plucky stitch.”

3. shari says:

I saw Shooter with Mark Wahlberg….typical, but good. And I saw Premonition, which was also good.
    Thanks for the warning. ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Audrey says:

aww, and i really wanted to see dead silence. (i’m a sucker for really lame scary movies.)

5. Raji says:

Yes, the Keds are definitely the redemptive part of that story. Well, that, and Ms.Amber Valetta… comment gorgeous! I remember reading Vogue at 14 and being most taken by images of her over any of the other รƒยผber models.

Bon post!

6. S. says:

I enjoy your use of the word “sucky”.

7. andy says:

Well at least the dummy movie was short. Even though it was bad, and I was definitely bored for most of it, it was endurably short.

Perhaps the most boring part was the bit with the old man in the cellar. I mean, how fricking long did it take him crawling around down their before he died. Blech!

Yeah, I didn’t like the look of that one from the get-go. I can’t stand dummys.

If you want to see something really cool, find a theater that’s still showing The Number 23, or wait for it On Demand or rent it or buy the DVD or whatever. I thought it was really good, great twist at the end.

9. Alyssa says:

Thanks for stopping by my blog. You’re book looks good!!!

10. Alyssa says:

That was supposed to be YOUR book looks good. I hate typos. This is what happens when you type all day ๐Ÿ™‚

do you know what your book’s going to be called yet?
    because i’ll have to buy a copy.
    or at least read it in the b&n cafe.
    hey, i’m cheap.

oh, sure, i have rich friends. i’ll make THEM buy copies, and lend me one. as long as i don’t have to buy one. but can still read it.
    yeah guitar’s pretty hard, but i am in fact the slowest learner in the universe and i picked it up pretty quick. and i only hurt my finger because i got it stuck between strings, which is surprisingly stupid and really not that common. so you should be safe. knock on wood.

13. Miss V. says:

I never, ever watch horror movies. That poster is creepy!

Your book looks really cool, if I see it in a bookstore I’ll definitely buy it!

dead silence seems like one of those movies that you spend 8 bucks at the theatre to see, because you have to be the annoying teenager thats constantly laughing at the supidity of the dummy/dolls.
    or because you like to watch an entire theatre full of people jump out of their seats.
    heh heh heh…

15. touche says:

ditto about the whole creepy – puppet…..
    some things should just not be messed with.

But I can’t deny it, I am loving the picture of the lead guy even if he is a sucky actor.

16. jessica says:

um al, i have to say, what were ya thinkin with the whole dead silence thing? bear and i have had many a hearty chuckle at the preview. tsk tsk!

17. What is up with Donnie Wahlberg in these movies? You can’t tell me that the demonic marionnette from Dead Silence isn’t the same fuckin’ clown from the Saw trilogy.

18. !!!!! says:

I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU SAW DEAD SILENCE. I HAVE BEEN DYING TO SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT LOOKS SO TERRIBLE IT HAS TO BE AMAZING.

AND, I LOVE MOVIES ABOUT KILLER DOLLS. TOTALLY RAD.