The Anti-top 5 (otherwise known as the bottom).

1) No hot water in my apartment. pic

2) I spilled an ENTIRE 20 oz bottle of water in my bag. Thank god I was carrying a crappy canvas bag and not the new Anna Corrina leather bag I bought on sale!

3) A not-so-fun bikini wax. I think my “technician” had rage issues. (Not as bad as my friend who once had skin actually ripped off and had to sue the place–yikes!)

4) Allergy season has hit me like a mack truck. I feel like ugly balloon-head-lady from the commercials.

5) Because of 1, 2, 3, and 4, I broke down and ate a massive chocolate chip cookie from the bakery section at Gristedes of all places (it was actually pretty good, even though Gristedes is kinda sketch).

(ps-the pic is of me in the windy city of Brighton, UK, a few years ago, but the sentiment seemed appropriate.)

10 Responses to The Anti-top 5 (otherwise known as the bottom).

1. Kelly Parra says:

My allergies are on a rampage too! I get the itchy eyes and the sneezing. ugh! 🙂

2. Eri says:

hiya Alex–thanks for leaving a comment in my blog!

Sorry about your allergies. I grew up in NY and never had them until I moved to the midwest. Maybe it’s something about moving…

What’s your favorite latest YA book?

I just read Larbalestier’s “Magic or Madness,” and enjoyed it a whole lot–although at first I found it a little difficult to get into.

Eri

PS good call on the little gray mouse…

3. alexgirl says:

Glad I’m not the only one suffering from allergies. I’m always SO jealous of non-sufferers.
    YA books: Just finished UGLIES which rocked. And I just bought Weetzie Bat by Francesca Lia Block on a recommendation from someone (though I can’t even remember who recommended it to me, so if I like it I’ll have no one to thank, and if I hate it, who will I yell at?)

4. andy says:

We took that picture to represent your opinion of Brighton. You had originally wanted to move there after seeing “Wimbledon”. I think it took you about fifteen seconds from getting off the train to change your mind!

Two thumbs way down!

I think our landlord is trying to save a few bucks by turning off the heating once a week. What are the laws about that?

5. Lindsey says:

Hey Alex,
    I was so excited to see an author on my blog. I posted a small article. I really like the fact that you make movies. And I loooove the shoes. Pink rules!

omg yeah! in fifth grade when we had to watch THE MOVIE i got called into the guys room! ehhhh embarassing!

oh and we didnt hike 16 miles, onl 14 (lol).

we took horses on the way up

7. Jody says:

The cookie totally makes up for 1-4. You know I would have gone with a vanilla cupcake from Little Pie Company, though.

8. sarissa says:

lol thanks for the comment!! no i’m not the girl in the picture haha that’s just sort of what it’s like, y’know. angelina scares me too,and you’re right about celebs healing quicker- i thought it was for AA 90 in 90 or something. whatevs, its a different world for them right.

9. Brittany says:

um bikini wax? ouchies!

10. Audrey says:

2.) I always carry a bottle of water with me, and I cannot tell you how many times I’ve had the water leak inside my bag. I need to find some solution to keep my water with me, and my belongings dry.
    3.) YOU CAN GET SKIN RIPPED OFF?