My own Mouseketeer.

All I can say is EEEEEWWWWWW!!!!
Okay, I’ll say a little bit more…
Our cat, Kung Fu caught a MOUSE in the kitchen tonight. OMG, it was the most shudder-worthy thing ever. And it wasn’t a sweet little cutie patootie mouse like fuzzy, well-dressed Stuart Little. mouse It was small and grey and it squeaked a lot, and pooped in the cupboard under the sink. Now, I’m not an ÃœBER feminist, but I’m no pansy either–well, I didn’t think I was. But I’m telling you, when Kung Fu started batting the little rodent around like a hockey puck,
Kung Fu I was SHRIEKING at the top of my lungs like an overexcited school boy!

And THEN: the mouse got away! OH god. it was horrible. It ran into Andy’s closet (thank god it was andy’s closet and not mine. I’m such a bitch, but think of my poor shoes!)

Okay, this yucko story has gone on long enough, I’ll wrap it up. So finally we found little Gus Gus hiding in Andy’s closet, and we used the dustpan to sweep it into a plastic bag.
Now, don’t call PETA on me, but our first thought was to kill it—drop something heavy on the mouse to put it out of it’s misery—but the little guy didn’t look all that damaged, so we walked over to Riverside park and set it free.
Right now the mouse is either sh*tting a brick that it lived through the most harrowing experience of it’s poor little mousy life, or some other evil creature (squirrel? dog?) finished the job that Kung Fu started.

Ugh. I need a shower, I need a shot of tequila, and I need therapy! Oh, and I’m SO not letting the cat anywhere near my bed tonight. Ew.

10 Responses to My own Mouseketeer.

1. molly g. says:

that is so beautiful!!!!….. (i mean the pic)… i never ever saw a mouse in my house.. well my dad did ….
    no.. that is not nyc.. is in buenos aires (argentina)..im living there.. that’s why i have in my profile bs as. :P.
    cya,
    +molly g.+

amazing place totally added to my links..

2. india says:

Oh my god! Oh my god! Ewww! Ahhh!
    I HATE MICE!!!!
    I mean, nothing against them personally, the Disney ones are kind of cute (sometimes) I just don’t want the critters scurrying around the house. Yuck-o to the MAX!
    So sorry you guys had to deal with that!!

3. Mice are SO foul, with the exception of Mickey & Stuart, of course. Thanks for the laugh!

Steph~

4. Jen says:

omg I feel for you, but also for the mouse. I’m glad you set it free 🙂 and is that your kitty? hes adorable. I think the moral to this story is thank god your shoes are safe Lol .

5. Q says:

LOL, that’d made me smile. Stuart Little IS adorable. Just curious, which New York college do you attend?

6. alexgirl says:

I went to Bard in upstate NY. (not anymore though. I graduated a few years ago).

7. Lauren says:

Wow, you’re an aspiring YA author? That’s awesome. I love english/literature. love the blog!

Kung Fu. Love your cat’s name. Your cat rocks. Poor mouse.

My hag (that’s what us gay guys call our female best friend) has two cats. Their names are Cheech and Chong. She’s madly in love with them and has daily petting sessions with them that sometimes last hours…

Besos

9. Happy Zombie says:

Love your writing style, especially the story about the mouse. No mice here at Casa de Zombie… but I’d do the same as you did. Though I once poisoned a rat who wash noshing in my bird feeder. He had it coming (so I tell myself… I’m still carring the guilt).

Your cat photo is awesome! Thanks for visiting my blog… and glad I found your blog!

10. shaira says:

what’s up with kung-fu the killa? I remember one time he caught a juicy jumbo waterbug at your old place while i was kitten-sitting. He kept swatting it, catching it, releasing it and then herding it towards wherever i was running – and he made that throaty growl sound, too. I’m not sure if he was giving me a present or trying to run me out of the apartment. andy (my andy that is) had to catch the damn thing and dispose of it. I couldn’t look Fu in the eyes for the rest of the evening. A few months ago i was sitting on my couch and saw a long thin and black thing glide across my floor and under my bed and i completely freaked out and thought i had a mouse problem. As it turns out, one of those black feathers from the boa i borrowed from you had gotten loose and nearly caused me to evacuate the apartment.